Jahseh is really fucking up my opinion of demons. He's too nice. And the fact that he cares to know anything at all about someone he wants to "kill" is beyond me.

"Why do you ask me questions about myself if you know the answers already?"

"Just because I know the answers doesn't mean I don't like hearing you tell me about yourself.." He admitted "What are these?"

He held my hand up, noting the bruises on my knuckles.

"Eh... nothing." I said, shoving them under the covers

He raised an eyebrow

"You be fightin?" He asked, his voice teeming with curiosity.

Sadist 😏

"Well—I don't know. This bitch just kept runnin her mouth and I was a little drunk... I just snapped. It was stupid."

"You a lil hothead." He grinned "I like that."

"Its not one of my best qualities... but whatever you say."

I spent the next few seconds completely zoned out just gazing at him.

He looked different now

He looked different now. His face had less markings... his hair was different too. Shorter—half blonde, half black.

I ran my thumb over the word Numb etched in red letters beneath his eye.

"Whatchu thinkin about, Zoe?" He asked

"How can a demon be so beautiful?"

"I was wondering the same thing about a human..."

"You kissed me earlier." I teased

"Chillout. You kissed me."

"Whatever nigga." I rolled my eyes "Do it again."

"What was that?"

"Jahseh, you heard me."

"Nahhh... I didn't hear anything." He teased

"Stop fuckin around! Please...?"

"Maybe if you beg for me some more." His voice was low and husky. He bit his lip.

"Don't make me..."

"I don't know what you want, Zoe. Help me understand." He egged me on

His eyes widened as I crawled on top of him, straddling his lap.

"I want you to kiss me."

His rough hands grabbed my face and brought me down to him, where his lips crashed into mine as my brain floated in a sea of serotonin. Kiss after kiss he left with me. The sheer feeling of knowing he was no good for me—knowing he was a demon—knowing he could take my life if he wanted to... it made kissing him sweeter somehow.

I'm a fucked up bitch, huh?

"You're ruining everything, Zoe." He said quietly, caressing my cheek

"What do you mean?"

"You know that I was supposed to kill you by now?"

Supposed to?

"N-No.."

He sighed

"I could get in a lot of trouble for spending all of this time with you... but I can't stop." He said "This has never happened before."

"It hasn't?"

"Not in all my 300 years. The fucked up thing is that... I'm usually ruthless. I kill without even thinking most of the time, and I enjoy it." He continued "When I saw you—I couldn't do it."

I was terrified but also... intrigued on some level. Why me?

"I guess we're in similar situations." I noted "I knew I was supposed to get rid of you. I also knew my grandmother was fully capable of doing that... but deep down I didn't really want you gone. You were the only thing keeping me company."

He opened his palm and a small black flame appeared in the center. When he closed his palm it would disappear. He repeated this action a few times.

"I can't figure out what it is about you... but I crave you." He said

"Jah... how many people have you killed?"

He laughed, to my surprise.

"In 300 years... How many lives do you think I've taken?" He pointed to the word 'KILL' written on the back of his hand

I shuddered at the thought.

"What'll happen to you if you don't kill me...?"

"There are plenty of others to kill to keep me from fading, Zoe. I kill for energy. It keeps me strong. At this point... I want to kill you for other reasons."

"What reasons?"

"You have a lot of questions." He smirked "Lets save some for another time, hm?"

Uh, yes because you're a fucking demon???

He planted another sweet kiss on my lips to distract me. He then reached for the chain around his neck and removed it, he slipped it over my head.

My heart pounded rapidly in my chest at the mere thought of him pulling me on that leash again. I don't know what he awakens within me... this twisted, sadistic, fucked up part of my brain—but its addicting.

"You let me play with you earlier... can I pull this tighter?" He asked

"Please."

The metal tightened around my neck once more, making my breath hitch in my throat. I was still straddling his waist tightly, feeling the heat coming off of him in all the right places.

Fuck, I can't think straight.

"I'm assuming you've never fucked a demon, before?"

I smirked and shook my head

"What makes you think I wanna fuck you?" I teased

"Don't fuck with me, Zoe. I love a challenge."

He yanked the chain, pulling my face down towards his.

"I'll destroy you, and I won't put you back together." He hissed "You'll be in a heap on the floor, still begging for me to fuck you."

A moan escaped from my lips. My body was covered with goosebumps.

"Try me..." I whispered

"I wanna take you somewhere."

🖤