Rules/Requirements/Timeline/How to Enter

RULES

1. Don't be an ass (that's our job), or a sore loser if your book is put back on the shelf at any point.  (That means don't argue with us.)

2. No erotica,  poetry or short stories, sorry. Entries must have a minimum of 5 chapters, not counting prologs or aesthetics. 

4. One entry per person, per monthly round. Please adhere to Wattpad guidelines.

3. Absolutely NO changing of cover, blurb or title during the first round. Any changes means automatic disqualification. (We take screen shots when you enter, we'll know)

If you are planning on changing your cover, title or blurb during the coming month DO NOT ENTER this contest! Do NOT makes us do extra work! 

That's it.

Frolic and be merry.

Requirements

No requirement fascism here.

You can follow this account for updates, or not. You can also follow your hosts, or not. 

If you follow this account, we'll only be bothering you when we have something important to say (like results / opening of this or other contests)

There is a separate results book. If you add that to your private library, you will be informed immediately when results for this round of the Gauntlet come out. (This is the best option for those who habitually ignore bundled announcements. You know who you are! ) 

A friendly warning if your native language isn't English

Grammar, spelling and phrasing count! If there are a lot of English errors in your story, you won't make it to the second round. We recommend you have your work checked by an editor before entering. We will not accept entries that have obvious and plentiful errors in the blurb. 

Timeline

We have 25 slots available. First come, first serve.  WE ARE NOW CLOSED.

The timeline for the July Gauntlet  is:

August 10th: results of Round 1 announced at the latest

August 20th: results of Round 2 announced at the latest

TBA: results of Round 3 announced  (who knows, maybe everybody got reshelved and there will be no round 3. It's possible.)

How to Enter (CLOSED)

AGAIN: If you are planning to change the cover, title or blurb of your book within the next month DO NOT ENTER this contest!!!! 

In an in-line comment next to ENTER HERE please:  

1. Drop a link to your book 

2. Did you make your cover yourself? Write "Yes" if you did and "No" if you didn't. We don't need to know who made it if you didn't. Keep it a big secret! 

3. Have you entered this book in a previous Gauntlet? If yes, what have you changed? (cover, blurb, beginning, etc)

4. Tag a few people to spread the word.

ENTER HERE: >>>   WE ARE CLOSED UNTIL OCTOBER

'Sit. You're done. Good luck!