What is the Bookshop Gauntlet?

Have you ever thought about what it would be like to see your book on the shelves of a real bookshop?

Have you ever wanted to watch as someone -- a reader! -- picks up your book, flips it over and begins to smile?

Have you ever daydreamed about following that person all the way up to the cash register, where they actually BOUGHT your book?

You can have that virtual experience here  — at The Bookshop Gauntlet!

Your hosts, three adults with years of experience with literature (and snark), will play your potential readers -- your potential buyers. You can watch every step of the way as we pick up, look at, perhaps read and perhaps virtually purchase, your book.

Or, you can watch as we put it back on the shelf  and move on. After all, there are hundreds of other stories here in The Bookshop!

Don't worry, we'll tell you exactly WHY we put it back...or didn't. We'll be honest with you. We'll tell you what worked and what didn't. We'll give you pointers to improve. We're not here to make you feel bad, we're here to give you BRUTALLY HONEST FEEDBACK that may (probably will...) make you cry at first, but will help you in the long run.

Yep. We just said that out loud.