Miko

I watched my best friend with every move she made, just because something felt different. But I still felt caught when she noticed that I was staring at her.

Fuck...

She looked at me with her big blue eyes and I really tried not to melt but it was quit difficult, then she lowered her voice.

"What do you know about this new guy?"

I followed her gaze and my mood changed from good to super bad faster than you could say 'food'

My head told me to better shut up and say nothing about him to her.

"Uhm...why?" I looked at her with a confused look on my face.

"Just...so..?" Actually I didn't wanted to answer her question but before I could stop myself I already spoke: "Eh...okay...well his name is Luke and he's from London."

I looked at her to catch her reaction, but she just answered with a 'Hm'

"What?" I looked at her in confusion.

"Nothing. I felt like it."

"Okay?"

I shook my head slowly while looking at her. The way she looked at Luke was something I really didn't like, nope not even a little, that was also the reason why I gave her a little stubby and mumbled 'you're staring'.

She wore a caught expression and looked at our teacher, not even daring to look in Luke's direction once.

Ha, now we talk!

At lunch we sat together with Cady and Viki.

"Omg, did you see the new guy, he's so handsome." Was the first thing Cady said and I rolled my eyes just to catch Aprils reaction (again), but she just nodded in silence with blank expression on her face.

Viki caught my stare and looked at me with her 'You have to talk to her' face, I just let out a sigh and looked away.

She was the only one who knew about my feelings, I never told anybody she just figured. Well, I mean it's pretty obvious but I never talked about it once.

Before April stumbled in our lives, Viki and I were just good friends, until one day, the day Viki told me that they got a new girl in their class and that I should get to know her. The day after she popped up in front of me with April by her side. Since then April messed with my life, in a good way.

"Miko?" April's voice snipped me back to reality.

"Did you hear what Viki said?"

"What?"

"She asked if we want to go shopping later."

"Oh, sure why not?!"

The school bell rang and the best part of a school day was officially over. Viki glared at me, one last time with a 'Talk to her or I'll do it' look in her eyes and disappeared with Cady and April in the direction of the classrooms while I made my way to the Gym.

I just had to grin when I saw my best friend (guy best friend) while he was trying to be funny as always.

"Hey bro." I greeted him smiling while he was grinning at me.

"Hey Miko." He said with his Finnish accent, what I have to admit sounds pretty adorable...I mean I would say that if I were a girl.

Just when we finished our third round of running our teacher made us stop because he had to tell us something.

"Please stop for a minute, this is Luke, he is new in town so please be nice."

Oh no...

He was the last I wanted to see right now, but like it couldn't be worse, Isac waved him that he could join us.

Seriously?! Why for gods shake he has to be nice to everyone?

I just let out a sigh and tried not to punch Isac for waving Luke or Luke for staring at April. Well punching Luke wouldn't be that smart. I would love to punch one of them, don't get that wrong but first of all: Isac knew nothing about my feelings for April and second of all he knew nothing about the staring contest of the two of them so I pretty much could do nothing but trying to be nice. And again I let out a sigh.

It's gonna be a long day.

..........................................................................
Heyy guys, I know the most of you usually don't read that part but I just noticed that my chapters are pretty short and I wanted to ask if I should write longer chapters or if it's okay the way it is.

Xx Toni.