The good ol' days.

Sorry for taking so long, I've been working on my other stories at the moment and to be completely honest, I've felt as if my work isn't the best and that I would have liked my characters to be different. Anyway, I'm working with this and trying to make this as best as I can, because I really believe there is people out there who enjoy this story and are still reading this and waiting for the next update so here it is. I'd also just like to say how frustrated I get when someone writes a good story, with good grammar and good characters and just amazing writing and an incredible imagination and then suddenly they just stop. You wonder why, and you want them to update and they never do and you're left wondering what could've happened and what you would have wanted to happen, but you know inevitably the authors version is what you want. Blah, blah blah. Sorry about that. I'm not saying my story's any good, but I'm just saying I have lots of ideas for this story and I think if I really stick to it, I can make it work. I sound like a loser. Sorry. Read on!

P.S- thank you to all my commenters and voters and readers, without you, yes, YOU, I wouldn't have uploaded this chapter. Thank you.

Chapter 8!

She was so beautiful, my wife.

Big, chocolate eyes, soft, brown hair and a shy smile.

I think that's why I was so intrigued by Bella the first time I set eyes on her. She looked so much like my wife. Still does, if you forget about the twisted, overly confident, blood sucking creature she's become.

That's all down to the volturi. When Aro touched my skin after Bella first walked into the Volturi castle, experiencing every thought and event in my whole life, he knew how much I missed my wife. And he knew exactly how to play with my feelings.

I didn't want Bella here. I've never wanted any of this to happen to her.

At first, I'd fantasise about talking to her, that I'd realise she's exactly like my wife and it's almost like my lover was here, alive, and back for me.

But then I realised- all the secret visits to Bella's house, watching her drive to school, even spying on the Cullen's, trying to work out what Bella sees in her husband, Edward. Hell, she must see something. She left her whole world behind for him, she even had a daughter.

I was in love with Bella. That's the only explanation for it. My mind was consumed by the seemingly boring human. I don't know what it was that attracted her to me, but I loved her. And the Volturi knew it. They knew how to give me what I want in a twisted, guilt stricken way, and now I've got it, the guilts eating me alive, and the Volturi will never let me forget about this, never let things go back to the way they were, because there's something in this for them.

There always has been.

~flashback to 1935~

"Demetri? Demetri!" Cordelia's sweet voice sang, calling me as I entered the door to our small house.

"What, what is it?" I laughed, dropping my hat to the ground and picking my wife up by the waist as she ran to me, spinning her round in circles.

It felt like years since I had seen her beautiful face, or smelt the sweet perfume she'd always wear.

"I missed you, Demetri. And there's a surprise."

"A surprise? What is it?" I spoke softly, admiring her features, taking her all in. I missed my wife so much while I was away at war.

"In the living room, come!" Cordelia urged, pulling on my hand and guiding me through the hall of our small house which we had bought together just a few months before I had been sent out to France. I felt bad for leaving her here alone, but I had no choice.

Nudging the door slightly, Cordelia slipped through the door to the living room, still holding my hand, and beamed at the figure sitting comfortably in our home.

Panicking slightly, my brows furrowed, I hurried into the room, my mind fully registering who this person is.

"Your friends, they've been visiting quite a lot. Been wanting to see you, Demetri- you never told me about them. We've had such a great time, I wish you could have been here!"

The face of evil, I thought. In my home, with my wife.

It was a man who looked to be in his 40's, although he was probably ten times that age. He wore a black robe and a cup of tea sat in his hand. He smiled at me slyly, then looked over to my wife.

"Make us some more tea, love, would you?" He cleared his voice, smirking at my wife as she kissed me on the cheek and walked out, towards the kitchen.

"What are you doing here? I told you to leave her alone! I told you!" I hissed, closing the door so Cordelia heard nothing.

"Ahh, well, dear Demetri, my friend, your wife is so lovely, bless her. I couldn't just leave her all alone while you were at war, could I?" Aro questioned, smiling up at me and infuriating me further.

"Couldn't leave her alone?! That's what we agreed on, Aro. I become this creature and in return you leave Cordelia alone, and you never set foot here again! That's what you said, you said you'd go back to Italy, because your intentions were fulfilled here in England-"

"Quit babbling, Demetri. My intentions are not fulfilled, and they will never be unless you cooperate correctly. Now, sit down before I put your wife in real danger." Aro silenced, his face holding no emotion.

Warily, Demetri sat on the sofa across from Aro.

How dare he threaten my wife in my own home! Demetri thought, panicking at the thought of his wife being caught up in all of this.

"What do you want from me, Aro? Please, I'm begging. Just tell me what you want, I'll do anything for you to Cordelia alone."

"You already know what I want, Demetri. And I'm growing quite inpatient. I gave you your time to sort this out, but what do you do? You sign up for the bloody war!" Aro exclaimed, raising his voice and lifting his head to rest on his hand like he was under a lot of stress.

He's got some nerve coming in here, shouting orders after blackmailing me and my wife for months! Demetri raged inwardly.

"We went over this before the war, I will not become some disgusting, blood sucking corpse because you just so happen to fancy the idea of it!" Demetri raged, forgetting the fact his wife could hear. Hell, the whole street could probably hear with how angry Demetri was.

"Fine, make this difficult for all of us." Aro stated, with a sigh, clearly annoyed the lack of cooperation, he stood up, brushed down his clothing and as Cordelia entered the room, a tray filled with tea, and a soft, cheerful tune coming from her, Aro sped over with impossible speed, he ended Demetri's dear wife's life with a simple snap of her neck, and left the small house the couple had built together, leaving Demetri in tears on the floor, wishing with all his soul that it had been him that was dead.