Karkat- feeling red

It was a normal day, what can you say. Nothing was really out of place and you received the usual full forced text through pesterchum.

——-( CarcinoGeneticist [CG] started pestering ChumHandle [CH] )——-

———
It had been a while, at least that's what you thought since last night felt like years, or Sweeps as karkat would say.
———
CG: HEY FUCKASS

CH: yes kar of the Kats?
———
Oh he hated when you spoke that way, but it was always funny to see his face go red anytime you would say things like that when you met him. The trolls had come down to earth a couple of years back and the government had no choice but to allow them to stay as long as they shared some of their technology, but according to various news reports some trolls where now helping bring peace to the planet by creating bonds between nations. It was pretty well off, at least you weren't having any wars and getting shipped off for a while now that you were in collage.
———
CG: LISTEN, THERES NO TIME FOR YOUR BULLSHITTERY _____

CG: MEET ME IN 5 OUTSIDE IN THE COURTYARD YOU BETTER BE THERE OR SO HELP ME ILL SKIN YOU ALIVE.

CH: is that a threat?

CG: JUST GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE .

——-( CarcinoGeneticist [CG] ceased pestering ChumHandle [CH] ) ——-

And as per usual, karkat had invited you out without a warning. He seemed to be doing a lot of that lately. It was kind of annoying, but you had to give it to him; he was like a breathing alarm clock at this point, walking you to classes , going with you for coffee, and much more. Sometimes you could swear he might follow you into the bathroom if he wasn't so embarrassed about ' seeing your buldge' as he put it that one time in the gym locker room. It wasn't uncommon for you to have some off days where you just didn't want to do anything, but some how some way, karkat would find some excuse to get you out of your dorm. Not that you mind, you actually enjoyed his company and had honestly been thinking about him more and more lately as ' more than just a friend'.

Ha. If John knew you were thinking this way he'd call you gay then say no homo while telling you to go for it. But that was what was holding you back, you didn't know if karkat had feelings or not and you didnt want to risk it by bringing in your flush feelings for him. You didn't know much about troll culture but you sure as fuck understood that once you're in a quadrant it's fucking hard to get out, and most never do. For all you know, you could have been stuck as a Moirail. It's like the hell of friendzones and it was something that actually shook you to the core. You've known him for a few months since starting collage, and met him through John after he showed you some weird messaging app him and his friends used a lot, apparently it was how they first contacted the trolls, but John was really eager to have you join a chat group of all his friends. From there , you and karkat just kind of hit it off? You didn't know how it started but karkat just ended up messaging you one night out of the blue and you would talk for a couple of hours each night since. It was only recently though that he started inviting you out or walking you to class , but you didn't really put much mind to it since he lived down the street and had a few classes in the same building as you did.

You decided you wasted enough time thinking about what the hell karkat was planning this time around and got ready. You had taken a shower last night before bed so there really wasn't a need to take another one, you just threw on some clothes and a turtleneck sweater since fall was getting pretty chilly lately. You grabbed only the necessities , your phone, your wallet, your keys, those were all the things you needed before you picked out your shoes and a beanie just to keep your ears warm. Before long you were out the door and heading down to the courtyard to meet up your flush crush.