Happy White Day! (Josuke Higashikata x Classmate! Reader) Part 1/2

Magsimula sa umpisa

One day, you were at your desk during a study hall. You were working on a assignment that you had forgotten to do the night before.  The class was coming up in the next hour so you decided to get it done as quickly as possible. In your flurry of quick writing you had snapped the lead on your mechanical pencil. You went to push out more but found that it was out of lead. You hadn't packed a spare always saying that you would do it next time. You couldn't help the annoyed sigh that escaped you as you looked about the classroom for someone to borrow a pencil from.  You glanced next to you to see Koichi. You decided that he was a safe bet. 

"Hey Koichi?" You asked leaning over to him slightly. He faced you and seemed a little surprised. This was probably the first time you'd ever spoken directly to him as you usually sat quietly in your seat during class. "Huh? Oh,  (y-Y/N) right? Whats up?" He said with a smile. He seemed super nice. You pointed to your mechanical pencil. "I just snapped the last of the lead in my mechanical pencil, I don't have any spare lead on me right now. Would you happen to have some with you?" Koichi thought for a moment before reaching into his bag. "Lemme see..."  He muttered as he fumbled through it. He pulled back his hand staring at it in horror. "Ah! I don't have a pencil either! That's weird.. I always pack one.. I'm sorry about that (y/n)-" You waved your hand passively to tell him it was alright. Koichi tapped Okuyasu to ask if he had a pencil that you could borrow. But he replied that he only wrote in pen so that he could live on the edge of danger. As brave as this was, you knew you couldn't use pens on this assignment. You began to stand so you could ask some one else when you heard someone approach behind you. You turned to see Josuke making his way back from the bathroom. The urge to say 'hi' to him bubbled up, but was suppressed again. You hated that you couldn't just talk to him normally. It came so easily to the other girls who talked to him. Why didn't it come easier to you?

Okuyasu's face lit up as he pointed to Josuke. "Oh hey! (Y/N)! Josuke has gotta have a spare pencil or two cuz he barely uses them in class to begin with!" Josuke's eyebrows furrowed. "Hey! Whats that supposed to mean?!" He asked in disbelief. Koichi laughed and motioned to you.  "Josuke, (Y/n) needs a pencil. Do you have one you can let them borrow?" He glanced down at you. You felt your heart skip. When it beat normally again it pounded in your ears. He really was easy on the eyes. Especially when they were so blue. "A pencil? Yeah sure. I think i got one you can use." He made his way over to his desk and reached into his bag briefly before pulling out a purple mechanical pencil. He handed it to you with that cool smile of his. "Here yah go." You looked down to the pencil and you felt yourself growing warmer. It was just a pencil. He was just lending you his pencil for you to borrow for class. That's all it was. Even though that's all it was, you couldn't control the butterflies in your stomach. It flipped and flopped as though some sort of beautiful joyful disaster was coming. Your temperature was rising at a steady pace and your sense of where you were began to fade away. This was bad, you were seriously starting to stare Josuke down. What were you going to do next? Drool at the mouth? You had to stop, Josuke was looking at you concerned. You were freaking him out. 

You shook your head quickly and grabbed the pencil from him. Great you got it! Now, you had to thank him. Spit it out! You couldn't  just rudely take it without thanking him for it! You were about to finally say something to him when you heard the door to the classroom slide open. The next period's teacher stepped in and made his way to his desk. "Alright, quiet down everyone. This is a silent study hall." This teacher was definitely not one who joked around when it came to complete silence in the classroom. He had something like the eye of a hawk. No matter where they were, or how softly they spoke, if someone were talking when they shouldn't have been, he'd know. And they would be in for it then. There was no way you'd be able to whisper a quick thanks to him right now. Defeated, you slouched in your seat. You'd just have to thank him after class. At least this interruption gave you a chance to think of how you'd go about it.  What was the best way to thank him for this pencil?  While you were deep in thought, your eyes wandered to the other side of the classroom. Where you found a girl staring right back at you. Her eyes were dead locked on you. Under her sight you squirmed as you felt a chill crawl up your back. You'd never seen such hatred on anyone before. She looked really familiar too. You'd seen her around the school of course, but where else? Had you done something to her?  You found yourself staring right back at her without even really thinking about it. She narrowed her eyes and turned back to face the front of the class. Something told you this was not good.