"I am doing fine," she repeated and sighed. "You really have not changed. If you ever need anyone to talk to I'm here. I would be happy to listen," she gave him a toothless smile before leaving his office.

Since then he would tell her his feelings about everything that was going on in his life. It felt wrong opening up to another woman other than his wife, but that is all it ever was until the night that started it all.

One night, Zoilo invited each of his closest employees for a drink to celebrate the new deal they had made. Veronica was there since she was his assistant. They all had a great time.

When the party ended, Zoilo decided to escort Veronica to her apartment.

"Thank you for the ride but you did not have to though," Veronica said as they approached her apartment.

"It is no problem. Just wanted to make sure you got home safely," Zoilo said.

Veronica blushed at his statement, "thank you."

"Of course, I always make sure my employees are well taken care of."

"Oh I was not thinking the same," she said and took a step forward.

He arched an eyebrow, "what were you thinking then?"

"I was thinking you would like me as more than your employee." Before Zoilo could say anything, she placed one hand behind his neck while the other pulled down on his tie. She planted her lips onto his, tasting the alcohol on his lips. She pulled away and said, "I still love you."

Zoilo stood there in shock, not knowing what to say. The alcohol was messing with him. He was not thinking straight.

"I love you," Veronica repeated. "I know you are married with my best friend, but I missed you."

She leaned up and planted her lips on his once more. Zoilo grabbed her arms and held her back, "Veronica stop. You are drunk, I am drunk. This is wrong." He turned around and walked away. He knew that if he continued to stand there then things would take a huge toll.

Suddenly, he felt arms wrap around his waist. Warms hands began to roam the front of his torso, slowly. Soft kisses began to plant themselves on the back of his neck. "Veronica," he said in an warning tone. She hummed and continued.

Zoilo grabbed her wrists and turned to face her. He pushed her against the wall and said, "stop."

Veronica wrapped her legs around his waist, "make me." She giggled and pressed her lips against his. He let go of her wrists to try and loosen her legs from his waist. She tightened her grip on him and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her. The feelings he had felt long ago took over him. One thing led to another and well...

After two hours, Zoilo woke up in an unfamiliar bed. He quickly opened his eyes and sat up. The side effects of the hangover quickly struck him and his head began to pound with pain. He rubbed his temples and looked around the room.

Just as the side effects had struck him, they quickly vanished. Zoilo was mortified. Next to him laid Veronica, who was fast asleep. He could not believe what he had just done. Zoilo got out of bed and searched for his clothes. Once he was fully dressed he left her apartment without giving it a second glance.

He could have blamed it on Veronica for making a move on him.

He could have blamed it on the alcohol.

He could have blamed his wife for neglecting him.

But instead he blamed himself. He made the choice. He slept with another woman other than his wife. He cheated.