Chapter 5

I approach my locker the next day, Sydney already waiting for me playing a game on her phone. ''Morning! How come you didn't text me back last night?'' She asks, showing me her message that only says 'Hey xx'.

''Grounded,'' I shrug and open my locker, swapping out a few of my books. Sydney then asks why I got into trouble and I explain that Harrison ratted me out. ''And so my Dad came and told me my mother was basically an alcoholic and drug addict,'' I kind of laugh and she rolls her eyes jokingly.

A dark arm places itself around my shoulders and I feel the weight of James lean against me, pushing me straight into the wall of lockers, ''thanks, James.'' I grunt, shoving him off of me. Lee also comes over to us dragging his sister with him.

''Why do I have to be seen with these idiots?'' She whines dramatically, pretending to admire her nails.

''Because these 'idiots' are my friends, Lexie,'' Lee replies making air quotes around the word idiots.

''Lee just give me the keys and I'll go, see you later.'' Lexie commands and Lee passes her the keys for what I assume is their house, she struts away with James's eyes following her butt.

Boys, I roll my eyes as James and Lee start to discuss their latest female conquests.

''You coming to the field after school to have a little practice?'' James asks me, interrupting Sydney and I's conversation.

''Maybe,'' I reply, not wanting to share my news of being grounded at my age.

Sydney lightly taps my arm as Jacob strolls over to us gathered around by the lockers, he nods his head to us and sends me a little wink in which I start to blush to. Sydney notices and sniggers slightly, I give her a small slap to the shoulder as Jacob joins in with the conversation.

''I'm having a movie night at my house on Saturday if you guys wanna come,'' Jacob says to both me and Sydney. ''No parents, a little bit of alcohol, plenty of snacks and no drugs.'' The group turns to me and my mouth opens into the shape of an 'O'.

''I hate all of you.'' I laugh. The bell rings and we all disperse off to our lessons,  I have PE with Sydney so we walk down the corridor and into the changing rooms where most of the girls are already standing around chatting.

We both get changed into our kit and I tie my hair up into a ponytail. Sydney grabs her curly hair and throws it up into a makeshift bun which fails miserably and we both laugh at it.

By the time everyone gets out onto the field, the guys are all out there too playing small games of rugby. Miss Rider instructs us all to grab a tennis racket and a ball between two, Syndey and I pair up and head off to a secluded part of the field.

For about twenty minutes we hit the ball back and forth to each other, me being the one who constantly misses by failing to hit it.

When I finally manage to hit the ball, I whack it way too hard and it flies across the field and lands right where the boys are playing their games. Jacob jogs over to it and picks it up. I meet him halfway and take it off of him. ''Be more careful next time,'' he winks before running back to Lee and James and snatching the ball from their hands.

I've been sitting at my desk for the past three and a half hours doing homework, I should be at the school playing football with the guys but my dad will not let me 'cause I'm still grounded

I've done every single piece of homework I've been given so I leave it all out on my desk to put it in my bag in the morning. So after all my busy work, I feel unbelievably tired, I head off to bed and just as I'm about to drift off to sleep I hear a quiet knocking at my window.

I groggily walk to my window and pry it open to reveal a freezing Jacob basically just hanging from the window sill, ''Wanna' let me in?'' He grins, shaking from the cold.

''What are you doing here? And why didn't you just use the balcony?'' I rub my eyes and pull him up and into my room, he lands on the floor with a thud and shrugs.

''You didn't come to the field with me, Lee and James so I thought I'd come by and see if you're doing okay.'' He explains with a sheepish smile.

''You didn't need to check on me I'm fine Jacob,''

''I know, it was just an excuse to see you.'' He admits, sitting himself down on my plush desk chair.

A silver of moonlight splashes down and illuminates his features. His hazel eyes, like an autumn tree, shines with the light and makes his face look so much younger despite the small dots of stubble around his jaw and chin. I'm staring by this moment and Jacob is looking at me very weirdly.

''You're staring,'' He finally says, standing and pulling me up with him.

''Maybe I am, it's not my fault you're so gorgeous for a guy.'' I cover my mouth with my hand realising what I have just said.

''I'm not the only one then am I?'' He smirks, stroking the side of my face. My breath hitches at his gentle touch, he leans in closer, I follow. His lips brush against mine, and how soft they are! The world feels like it stops spinning as he, very slowly, gets closer and closer. He makes his way up to my ear where he whispers ever so slightly, ''maybe next time Love.''

''Hijo de puta.'' I pout and glare at him.

He walks back to the window without another word, a part of him lingers next to me. I don't think as I grab him from behind, spin him around to face me and kisses him. I realise my mistake as soon as my lips make contact with his.

Before he has the chance for his hands to rake down my body, I think about now soon this is. I stiffen and we're interrupted by me forcing my way out of his touch. He looks at me confused.

"That was unexpected," he chuckles, running his hands through his hair as he stands in front of me.

"I am so sorry," I apologise, I pinch the bridge of my nose. "That was a mistake, I shouldn't have done that. I... I don't want you to get the wrong impression Jacob, it's too soon for anything like that to happen between us.''

Sadness flashes in his eyes. "I get it, just friends. I should really get going then before my parents notice me missing." He finishes, this time using my balcony for his escape. I watch him as he effortlessly climbs away and disappears into the darkness.

A/N, so I decided to change this chapter a little bit as I thought it suited the storyline a little better. Hope you enjoy the new version!!