The Talk

I waved Harry to come in. He ran to straight to my flat and sat on the couch, setting my purse on the coffee table.

“So, what do you want to talk about?” I asked him closing the door.

“Well, about you.”

“Okay, what do you want to know about me?” I asked heading toward the couch he was sitting on.

“Okay first off Jenney, why did you want to commit suicide?” he looked straight into my eyes concern of what might answer might be.

I instantly looked to the ground and stayed quiet for a few seconds.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t want you to be uncomfortable.” He put his hand on my knee.

“No, it’s just that” but I couldn’t finish because I started having tears run down my face and started sobbing. Harry pulled me against his chest again.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it. I understand.” He told me while rubbing the back of my back. I was able to control my crying now so I lifted my head off his chest and sat up straight wiping off the remaining tears.

“Okay, but first of all don’t tell anyone, and when I say don’t tell anyone I mean no one, not even your best friends!”

“I won’t tell anyone, promise.” He said lifting his right like he was about to pledge for the boy scouts.

“Okay,” I started, “When I first moved here my family would call and visit me all the time, after a month or so they stopped calling and visiting me. I don’t know why but whenever I call them they always sound bitter. My family and I were always very close but when I moved here to London, they were only very much caring for the first month. Also my friend stopped talking to me for no apparent reason, and it just kills me thinking that they have forgotten all about me and just found someone to replace me. You know what kills me most? That my ‘best friend’ Jason, started ignoring my calls, text, and emails. We were so close like the older brother I never had. Jason and I were inseparable, we met in middle school. I always thought as myself as a shy person but when I saw Jason I just talked to him like I had already known him. The last day of school Jason and I were telling each other what our first impressions were about each other. He told me that his first impression of me was that I was a happy and cheerful person, and he was right about one of those things, I always liked cheering people up and I always had a smile on my face, but that smile was always fake expect whenever I was with him. He knew me and he always knew how to cheer me up and make me have a real smile. My fist impression of him was that he was just one of those Players with Pretty Boy Swag. He looked offended at first but burst out laughing and he said that that was the kind of impression he was trying to give everyone. Jason wasn’t a player usually all his girlfriends would dump him because they said he was boring, but no he wasn’t Jason was a very interesting person and was very humble. That is the major case I wanted to commit suicide. The other reason was that I caught my ‘Boyfriend’ in bed with my girl best friend Ana.  They never saw me because they were so into each other, but I really don’t care much about that. I’ll someday find my soul mate.” I finished the last sentence by looking up at Harry and giving him a weak smile.

“Wow, I don’t know what to say but just to move on and that they have their reasons why they stopped talking to you, and that you should move on.” He told me while rubbing my knee.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

“Yeah, and about your ‘boyfriend’ he’s a huge jerk. I mean why would he cheat on you, you seem like a wonderful girl.” He said that last part smiling at me.

“I know, but it’s his lost not mine. Anyways tell me about yourself other than you being in One Direction.”

“Oh, so you do know how I am.”

“Yeah, how doesn’t” I told him smiling.

“First of all are you a fan?”

“Not really,” I started, “I mean I just love how you guys didn’t even know each other and then on 23 July, 2010 at 8:22 you were created and now have been together for 8 years and are best friends.” I finished smiling.

“So, you’re a directioner?”

“You can say that, Harold Edward Styles.” I said smiling.

“Your ‘best friend’ Jason was right you do smile a lot.”

“And these are not fake smiles.” I told him looking right into his eyes.

“Wow, so that means I’m special?”

“Maybe,” I said looking away.

“You know Jenney I would really like to get to know each other better and I would really like for us to go out sometime.” Harry said calmly and gave me a warm smile.

“Sure here’s my number.” I told him writing my number on his arm with a pen.

“Umm, okay, I’ll call you tomorrow well in the morning.” He said getting up from the couch and heading toward the door. I followed him toward the door. He opened the door then turned around and hugged me. I hugged him back. I felt so secure in his arms like no one could ever harm me.

“Bye babe.” He whispered into my ear.

“Bye, Harry.” I said before we stopped hugging.

Harry waved bye before getting into his Range Rover.