Chapter Thirty Five

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Well that was eventful." commented Minato as they were packing to leave the small village. The jounin had his full pack slung on his back as he leaned against the door frame of Naruto and Kakashi's room.

"Yeah, no kidding." Naruto said through a breath. "I know its been barely two weeks, but I feel like a month has gone by since we left the Leaf."

Minato nodded in whole-hearted agreement. This mission was alot more stressful than it ought to have been.

"Mmhmm. I think I speak for the whole team when I say I can't wait to go home." Minato didn't miss how Naruto's body softened when he said that, like he was reminded of something great.

"Home." the teen repeated. It was a concept that he hadn't had in a while. A home, a place to go back to. Not just an apartment or a house, but people. For the first time since going back Naruto felt a strong drive to change his timeline, to save the people that would one day become his home.
Naruto chuckled to himself as he realized the irony. I'm fighting to save people who don't even exist yet. "Yeah. I miss home." he told his one-day father. Minato shrugged off the odd behavior and followed him out. Once the team was all together they set off for the Village Hidden in the Leaves.

|¤|Ω|¤|

"So what happened to Danzo's ANBU?" an extreamly board Kalashi asked. Three other sets of ears perked at the question. With everything going in with the Cloud nin and such, they had sort of forgotten about the creepy old man and his subordinates.

Naruto laughed. "I took care of them the same night as the first confrontation with the Cloud ninja." he assured.

"Took care of them how?" questioned Minato incredulously.
"Oh. My. Gosh. Did you kill them?! You killed them didn't you?!" accused Obito, pointing a finger at the suspected murderer. 
Naruto sent a fist down on the top of head. "I did not kill anyone!" he said, offended that he would be thought capable of killing someone from the Leaf, especially when they were only following orders. "I just gave them a sedative to knock them out for a few days. They should be waking up right about now."

Rin looked at him interestedly. "What kind of sedative?"

Naruto scratched his head as he tried to recall the name he had heard so long ago. "Well. . . I don't remember the name, just how to make it and the antidote."

"Wow, I didn't think you were the medic type." she voiced honestly.

The teen shrugged. "My friend was a medic, she taught me a few things." he said, remembering the long lessons on chakra control and medical ninjutsu's he had pratically begged Sakura for. Much to the kunoichi's surprise, he was actually quite good at it after he mastered perfect control over his large chakra reserves. Naruto was no where near as good as Sakura was - she had died before she could teach him the Hundred Healings jutsu - but he could manage.

"Your friend?"

"Sakura."

Kakashi was startled when he recognized the name. "Sakura? Like -"

Naruto cut him off. "Yeah." he said sharply, making it clear the conversation topic was off limits. Minato looked at him curiously but none of them commented any further as the blonde shinobi seemed to withdraw from the world for a painful moment.

"Yeah." he repeated sadly. Sakura, his teammate, his friend, someone who always belived in him no matter what. . . and just one of the many people he had failed to protect.

|¤|Ω|¤|

The rest of the trip passed by uneventfully. Naruto stayed withdrawn from the team the whole time, falling victim to his own thoughts and memories. He hadn't been sleeping, something Minato actively took note of.

By time they got back to the Leaf village Naruto was dead on his feet. It was the middle of the day and the gaurds on duty greeted them with bright smiles that were returned by muted ones. They walked down the dusty streets to the Hokage's tower in heavy silence.

"Minatooo! I didn't think you'd be back so soon!" someone called from behind them.

Naruto froze. No. Way. He was not ready for this.

A familiar red-haired women tackled the man walking next to him. The couple fell to the ground. "Hey Kushina." Minato greeted happily. He felt relief seeing the love of his life again after such a serious mission.

Kushina beamed at him and held him close for a moment before getting off him to greet the rest of the team, well before she saw him standing there, looking at her like his world was shattered but he was still trying to keep it together. She wanted to give him a hug, she wanted to give her shoulder to cry on, but she had never met him.

"Uh, hi. My name is Naruto Uzumaki." he introduced himself, his hand extended to shake. Naruto Uzumaki. This was the person Minato had found in the woods a few weeks ago, the Uzumaki. So then this feeling, it was exactly what Minato had described, like she had to know him.

"Uzumaki? Can't say I've met many of those with blonde hair ya know." she joked with a smile. "I'm Kushina by the way." she reached forward to shake his hand when she felt something tug painfully at her gut. Her surprise drew her back a step as she clutched at her stomach.

Minato was by her side in a flash. "Kushina, what's wrong?" he asked frantically, his eyes scanning every part of her for any possible injury.

"I don't know. My stomach. . ."

Naruto stepped forward with concern creasing his face. "Do you need help?"

"I don't think so, I'm-" she was cut off when the same painful feeling gripped her abdomen once more, only this time it was more painful.

The blonde teen paled as he realised just what was happing to her. Kushina's Nine-Tails wasn't taking kindly to Naruto having his chakra. Shit, he cursed to himself. He needed to get away from the woman before she noticed what was causing this.

"Why don't you take her to the hospital Minato? I'll report to the Hokage."

The jounin gave him a look that said he appreciated it and was gone as soon as he could scoop his lover into his arms.