"Aaaaand?"

"And he just glared at me, as always! And this is not the first time. I've been bringing this subject up for discussion, and he just gives a clipped answer, every single time." I whispered, Carol's eyes moved from my face to my fast moving hands.

"Calm down girl. First deliver the baby you are carrying and then think about the next one? I don't think this kind of stress is good for the baby now, is it?" She pat my lap.

"Stop talking like him! You are my friend. Not his!" By now my breathing was ragged. I know what she's saying is right, now that I think about it, but I just want Nick to say 'yes' even for the sake of saying it. Why is he so against kids? We've already had two with another on the way. I was struggling to catch my breath. I looked around searching for water, anything that would calm me down.

"Okay. Okay, I think you need to calm down. No use stressing yourself over something that's out of your control. I think you should rest, your nanny will put the kids to sleep, come let's have dinner and you can rest after that. We don't know how long these two will be, you can't stay awake until then. " she said reminding me that Nick is out in a club doing god knows what, I know he won't cheat. But he left the house angry at me. "Don't worry" Caroline replied when she heard my worried sigh. "They're together. Even Sam is with Daniel, if anything he'll let me know. Come, you need to rest. " She pulled me out of the sofa towards the dining room.

***

"Dude, shall we go back? It's already 10, Cara must be waiting for me.. " Daniel trailed off looking at Nick's expression.

"You were the one who got me here forcefully and you want to go back now? Where's the Daniel who wouldn't leave the club until 4 in the morning? " Nick teased annoyed, while Daniel gave him a blank stare.

"You seem upset. Is Kate okay?"

"Yeah Eve is fine... I'm just... Huhhh... Eve wants another baby and we argued about it. I just don't like seeing her upset over anything, especially when she's pregnant. She really stresses herself during this time." Nick sighed. He didn't know how to make his wife understand.

"What's wrong with another baby? You both are having one now, give it a few years, she probably would've forgotten about it or who knows you might want another kid by then." Nick looked at Daniel like he's dumb, "What? That's the best solution."

"The problem is not who wants or doesn't want kids. I'm just worried about her. Her doctor has already warned me that this is a complicated pregnancy, not risky yet complicated. We already have two kids and one on the way, it's not like we're childless, I have no idea why she's insisting on more. I don't want her putting her life at risk. I'm here, I'm alive and happy and have a family because she's there, without her this family wouldn't survive. I cannot handle all of this without her." Nick was tired, he couldn't voice it out to his wife. He didn't want to stress her at this stage in her pregnancy but he was worried sick for his wife.

"Why are you being a pessimist? This one is complicated but her next pregnancy could go smoothly-"

"I can't! I can't let her go through that despite knowing the truth. Would you let your wife go through this" Daniel whipped his head to glare at Nick. "Yeah! I know! You wouldn't! That was just an example, see how you reacted. Hmph... I was a bit too harsh with her on this regard before we left, she must've cried herself to sleep." Nick wiped his face and thought about his stupidity. He didn't want her to be stressed but this would only be worrying her more.

"How can your wife imagine that your anger is your love for her?" Nick sent a glare in his direction. "Want to go back home?" Daniel suggested.

Nick chuckled before he replied, "You are not doing this for me, it's because you want to go back to your wife!"