Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning to light shining through the window. Oh great i'm still here I thought to myself. I decided to try to sit up and realized i was no longer on the cold, cement floor i usually woke up on.

I was on a fluffy white mattress.

WHAT THE FU- my thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a door being open. I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. My heart started to race, where the hell was i? I felt a hand rest on my shoulder and my eyes jolted open. I screamed at the top of my lungs, frightening who ever was standing in front of me.

"Hey! It's me calm down!!" He said, wrapping his arms around me. I stopped, confused at what was happening.

"K-Keagan?"

He smiled, his perfect white teeth sparkling in the light.

Damn he was hotter in person.

"Yeah it's me. I did it Taylor. I got you out just like i promised."

i looked around.'I'm out? I wondered. As if he read my thoughts, he replied, "Yes Taylor, you're really out." I smiles. His voice sounded to smooth to be real. It sounded like a dream.

Wait.

Dream.

My eyes shot open as i looked around the room. I was still in the basement, on the cement floor. I looked around and tried to sit up, groaning in pain as i did. Damn, how hard did he kick me last night. I wondered as i sat up and crawled to the corner of my "cage". I pulled off my old clothes and put on one of the new pairs he had given me. Well now i feel a LITTLE better. I thought to myself as i stood up.

Every month the man gave me a new pair of clothes to wear. So i had stocked up a couple of pairs just incase something like last night happened to me.

Or worse.

I walked my beyond filthy clothes over to the little box where he would pick up any trash or anything from me and threw them in. I started to walk away but a sparkle caught my eye. I looked up to the window to see Keagen smiling at me. I smiled back as i got butterfly's in my stomach.

"He's gone." I saw him mouth. I practically jumped up and down with excitement. Today. I thought, Today I will FINALLY escaped this hell hole. I saw Keagen reach into his pocket and pull out a cell phone. He dialed a number and held it up to his cheek, scribbling some words onto a notepad. After a moment he held the notepad up to the window. I smiled as i read the words on the page:

START SCREAMING.

I began to scream at the top of my lungs for help, shouting out anything i could. After a moment he hung up the phone and signaled for me to stop. He smiled at me and mouthed, "I told you i was going to get you out of here Taylor." I smiled at him. "I know. You're my-"

"WHAT THE HELL?!" The man upstairs screamed. My eyes went wide with fear as i motioned for Keagen to run. He nodded and hesitantly took off, my hope vanishing with him. The man came stomping down the stairs, holding a girl by her hair as he did. "I-i'm sorry! Please don't hurt me!!!" She helplessly screamed.

"YOU LITTLE BITCH!" He slapped her hard across the face and shoved her down on a table. I watched, struck with terror and fear, afraid to cry out. He quickly tied her down and walk over to the other side of the room to get something. "Baby i'm so sorry! Please! I-i thought-" "THOUGHT THAT I WOULDN'T WANT OUR CHILD?! YOU LITTLE WHORE! YOU DID THIS ON PURPOSE!" He started beating her, yelling things i couldn't quite make out.

OMIGOD HE'S GOING TO KILL HER! My thoughts screamed. He slapped some duck-tape over her mouth as tears ran down her face. He grabbed a knife and held it just above her stomach. "This is your punishment." I squeezed my eyes shut, hearing the woman's muffled screams of pain. I couldn't listen to it. The thought of her in so much pain had my stomach in knots. Oh God why does she have to suffer this?! I thought, tears running down my cheeks.

After a few minutes the room was silent. I heard the knife drop to the floor and the man's heavy footsteps walking up the stairs. Please just go...'I thought to myself. Luckily, he kept walking and slammed the door behind him. I opened my eyes and looked over, seeing a beautiful woman, dead in her own blood. I started crying. "He killed her because she got rid of their child?" I whispered to myself.

I began to cry harder, curling up into a ball in the floor. Why does he hurt everyone? I wondered, crying into my knees. After crying for what seemed like an eternity, i finally calmed down. I wiped my eyes and looked around. I wonder where Keagen is and if he's doing ok...bI closed my eyes and decided sleeping was probably the best thing to do for now. 'Things will get better' i heard a voice in my head say.

"I wish that were true." I whispered, starting to fall asleep.