"Wow. I was starting to wonder if you even lived here anymore." My brother says as I walk in the front door.

"Oh, yeah sorry. I've uhh-"

"Been at Steve's?"

"Uhmm, yeah."

"I think it's great. I really do."

"Really?"

"Yeah. He seems to make you happy. Better than any of the other guys you've dated."

"Steve and I aren't dating."

"Yeah okay. Says the one who just spent the last two nights at his house with him."

"We didn't even do anything. He got home super late and we fell asleep."

"Hey, I'm not dad or anything. I don't care if you guys are or not. But just know, just because he's a cop doesn't mean I won't take him out if I don't need to."

"Oh thanks. I'll uhh, try not to keep that in mind." He just smiles at me and I walk back to my room and shut the door. Right as I lay down on my bed, my phone starts ringing but I didn't recognize the number.

'Hello?'
'Hey Brooklyn. It's Danny.'
'Oh hey. What's going on?'
'Hey Grace and Charlie's mom is on the mainland for the week and I just called in to work a case, is there any possible way you could watch them today?'
'Yes. Of course. I would love too.'
'Really?! Thank you so much! I'll be over in like twenty minutes to drop them off.'
'Awesome. Do you know where I live?'
'Yeah. Steve gave me your address. Well actually Steve is driving my car so he knows where he's going.'
'Of course he's driving your car.'
'I know. That's because he's a control freak.'
"Danny I swear to god. If you don't shut up I'm gonna duct tape your mouth shut" I hear Steve say in the background and I just laugh.
'He can't admit he has a problem-OW! Steve!'
'Alright. Behave yourselves. I'll see you guys in a few.' I hang up and go back out into the living room and sit down on the couch next to my brother.
"Hey Danny is gonna drop his kids off here for the day."

"Steve's partner Danny?"

"Yeah."

"Cool. I love his kids."

"You've met his kids?"

"Yeah. I've gone out to dinner with the group a couple times and they were there."

"Well aren't you full of secrets."

"Yes. Yes I am."

"What are you watching?" I ask looking at the tv.

"One of the fast and furious movies. I don't really know which one. It was just on."

"Oh man. I don't think I've watched these movies since I was like ten and we spent the summer at our cabin."

"Geez, that was a long time ago. That's weird to think about."

"I miss being a kid sometimes. Having dad around. Not having any worries."

"Yeah I miss that too. Hawaii reminds me so much of him."

"Yeah me too. Kind of helps sometimes."

"It really does." He looks over at me and smiles. About fifteen minutes later there was a knock on the door and I get up to go answer it. I open the door and Danny and Steve were standing there with Charlie on Danny's hip and Gracie standing in front of them.

"Aren't you two a couple of cute dads." My brother says grabbing Charlie.

"Funny." Danny says. "Charlie, Gracie, this is Brooklyn. You're gonna stay with here while I'm at work today."

"Hi guys." I say smiling at them. Gracie just shoots me a smile and walks past me.

"Excuse her. She thinks she's an adult and she's mad I'm making her go to babysitter."

"I get it. I remember being that age." Danny walks in and goes over to the living room where my brother was with Charlie and Grace.

"Hi." Steve says with a smile.

"Hi." I say smiling back. "Be careful today."

"He doesn't know that word." Danny says.

"Ignore him. I do." Steve glares at Danny. I grab Steve's hand and walk back out onto the front porch. "You okay?" Steve asks me.

"Mhmm." I mumbled as I wrap my arms around him. Steve wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer to him. I rest my head on his chest and just smile. I feel him kiss the top of my head and I look up at him. "Thank you."

"For offering to show me around the island when I first got here."

"I'm glad I did." He says and then kisses my lips.

"Alright Romeo. We gotta go." Danny says coming out onto the porch. I smile and unwrap my arms from Steve. Danny and Steve walk to the car and I go inside.

Steve's POV
"Not your girlfriend huh?" Danny asks as he shuts the car door.

"What?" I ask looking over at him.

"I don't know what you Navy guys consider a girlfriend, but-"

"Just shut up, okay?"

"Steve."

"Yes Daniel?" I say and I start the car.

"She makes you happy."

"Yeah. Yeah she does." A small smile forms on my face. "Is that all?"

"That's all. I'll shut up now."

"That's a first."