Slinging the fork down, he shoved the cuffs back on me and jerked me down the hall. "W-what are you doing CJ?" I asked fearfully with a fresh onslaught of tears.

" chaining you back to the bed. You'll receive no bath tonight as punishment. Once you learn to listen you'll find thing's will be much smoother and you'll be much more happier".

That has since changed. After a few more day's of rebellion I have up. Food and cleanliness were far more important than fighting him. Thing's did get nicer and the cuffs were removed for good. CJ tried to be attentive, caring and loving but I wouldn't accept it. I rarely spoke to him and when I did it was only a few rude word's. He bought me gifts often and did everything I had always wished for in a boyfriend, however there was no intimacy between us. Not so much as a brush of the hand or hug. Nothing and he didn't try either. It's true, I still love him but my fear of him is too strong. It's not about his mafia life, it's about wondering if he will one day kill me. Yes, CJ says he'd never harm me but we as people say a lot of thing's. What if I ever really make him so angry that he just snaps and kills me or what if he grows tired of me and sees no other way out but to end my life?. I'm sure this family won't just allow me to walk away. So it's my fear that's holding me back from submitting myself to him.

Tonight he plans on taking me out for a date. A dress was delivered earlier as well as the usual hair team. I was excited to get out of this apartment if only for a bit. CJ made sure that I understood that his men would be close by and it was in my best interest to not try anything funny. Soon he came home and presented me with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers. I decided for the night I would call a truce. I needed a bit of normalcy and truly wanted to enjoy myself. Taking the flowers from him I thanked him nicely. I saw the surprise in his face but left it be. "You look stunning Angel but you always do. However I have something that will only enhance your beauty".

From inside his jacket he pulled a velvet box and presented it to me. Slowly I opened the kid and gasped. A beautiful pearl and oynx necklace with matching earrings sat snuggly inside. "Oh, its, oh..."

I had no word's for this stunning piece. CJ smiled. "This belonged to my Grandmother. Pop Pop gave it to her as an Anniversary gift".

" it's precious CJ but I can't except such a tresure".

He smiled like the man I first fell for. "You have no other choice but to accept it" . He said clasping it on my neck.

The restaurant was romantic and sutle. We actually engaged in conversation and when he asked me to dance I accepted. Our night was amazing and we decided to extend it and go to a jazz bar. For the first time thing's felt normal. Unbeknownst to us though our night was about to take a deadly turn and things would change forever.

As we left the bar a series of gunshots rang out. It was obvious that CJ's men were outnumbered because they were dropping like flies. I stood frozen not knowing what to do. CJ tackled me to the ground and shielded me. "Nothing will happen to you my Angel. I'll make sure of it but please do as I say. On the count of three run to that ally. Don't worry, I'll be right behind you".

When the number three left his lips he shoved me up and off toward the ally. I ran as fast as my shaking legs could carry me. I could hear CJ's footsteps behind me and was sure he was firing his gun back. Suddenly I heard him grunt and I turned to see that he had been hit. "CJ" I screamed running to him.

"Run Alice, run". He roared at me.

I remained still. "Go Alice, I'll catch up. Fucking run girl".

I heard feet pummeling toward us and I quickly ducked into the shadows. A man charged CJ and the two engaged in a violent fight. CJ had the upper hand even though he was wounded. Suddenly another man ran up and aimed his gun at CJ. My heart roared in my ears as panick overtook me. I spotted the other mans gun lying near my feet. Without thinking I whisked it up and fired. The man seemed dazed then suddenly dropped to the ground.

He wasn't moving and I knew that I had just killed a man. I was a murderer. I could feel a numbness creeping in as CJ called my name. The man had gained control over CJ and with trembling hands I fired all the rounds left into him. The man made a strange gurgle then died lying atop CJ.

CJ was struggling with his wound and the weight of the man. I saw my chance at freedom. Dropping the gun I slowly backed away then fled. My mind was that of a rat tunnel. I didn't know where to go or what to do. I had no money, nothing. One thing I did know was that I had to remove the tracker from my arm.

Skirting into a small diner I pretended to be a customer. Taking a seat I only ordered a water. After gulping it I picked up the steak knife that was on the table and made my way to the bathroom. I removed the top of my dress and placed a huge wad of paper towels into my mouth to bear down on. Working up the courage, I made an deep incision into my arm. Taking the tip of the knife I begin to dig the tracker out. The paper towels muffled my cries as my skin felt as if it was on fire. After several attempts I had finally worked the tracker out. Spitting the towels out I fell against the wall and cried.

Blood streamed down my arm and a puddle was forming at my feet. Quickly I ran water over my arm to clean myself up. Taking another stack of towels, I tore a strand of material from my dress and tied the towels to my arm to catch the blood flow. Dropping the tracker in the sink I left the bathroom and crept out the back door.