Chapter Seven: Lakers Game

Comenzar desde el principio

"Ha ha very funny. My life has always been exhilarating with or without him."

She shrugged, "Hey I'm just saying. Especially after what happened between you and Mandy, I thought I was going to see y'all on a new episode of Jerry."

I curled my lips.  "Please. I wasn't fighting over that boy or any boy to begin with. She crossed the line. Matter of fact, she crossed the road. She wanted to be the chicken, then she got the cluckin'. Simple as that." Beyoncé's fork hit the edge of her plate before she started to chuckle uncontrollably. I contained my laughter with my rest, trying to finish my food.

"Liyah girl, I can't with you. " We shared an extra laugh before Beyoncé's whole mood changed.  Her facial expression went panic mode.

My cousin said, "Oh my....Liyah! Girl look who's behind you!"

I was confused until I spotted who she was most likely referring to. I was taking back by it rather. The tall, built chocolate man looked over in my direction and locked eyes with me for a split second before waving. I waved back. A lot of chatter was aroused because of it. He continued to stroll down to me and Beyoncé. His lips parted.

"Hey beautiful ladies!"

I looked back at Beyoncé, who was just about getting ready to faint. Her words barely made it out.

"H-Hi...Kobe." He waved once more.

Kobe admitted, "It is really a pleasure to meet you guys. I just didn't know we would meet at one of the most finest smoothie shacks in town. I hope I won't be in trouble asking for an autograph from the both of you.

I flashed a smile. "Notta trouble at all."

He announced, "Cool, I have a notepad and pen." I signed on a separate paper along with Beyoncé, who barely made it through the first initial of her signature.

I wanted to return, "You know, Ima fan of your game, as much as the Bulls are my team. I would like an autograph from you as well."

Kobe grinned, placing his hands on his waist, looking me up and down. "How about I sign for both of you on a basketball tonight at the playoffs game?"

I told him, "We don't have any tickets."

He assured, "No prob, I'll hook you two up. I want you guys courtside watching me catch this dub tonight. Maybe go to an after party after that."

I rubbed my neck as it was straining me.

Beyoncé was all in, "I am so down! What about you, Li?"

I directed my attention on him again, plopping both hands on my thighs. "Well, I can make it to tonight's game but I don't know about an after party."

He nodded. "I understand, no pressure. But tonight at 8, will you guys both be there?" The deepness of his voice was so silky and I was drawn to it for some reason.

"Most definitely."

He smiled. "Great! I'm about to go grab my order. Really hope to see you guys tonight."

I was going to say something before my cousin added in, "We gonna be there thoroughout that whole W, baby!"

I buried my face in the palm of my hand, embarrassed.

Kobe walked off happily.

I asked her, "Why are you like this?"

She responded, "Did you not see that print? It's just begging to make extra copies with someone. W or D, both sounds good to me.

I shook my head. "Now you just ain't right." I laughed at her before drinking my smoothie again. Ironically cuz she was tryna thirst trap him, like any other guy for that matter.