Chapter Seven: Lakers Game

Comincia dall'inizio

I answered, "It's been roughly three weeks now."

Chris eyebrows furrowed, "And what about Aaliyah?"

I looked down on the pavement, "Same estimate."

JC collected the pieces, "So, you're on "please hold" with the both of them on the answering machine now? Do you even want Mandy back?"

I assured, "Mandy is done with me. For good. And honestly maybe it's best. Although, I did want to go to the Spurs-Lakers playoff game today with her."

I went inside my pockets and pulled out two, golden courtside tickets.

"She gave me these tickets so we could see it together, but now I don't know what to-"

JC snatched a ticket out of my right hand warped into a trance. We are both huge Lakers fans. "Why yes, I will most certainly go to the game with you tonight, Justin! Woo!"

I tried to let out, "But I didn't ask y-"

"I heard your thoughts. Telekinesis powers." JC interrupted me, holding the ticket up in the air.

I lately caught on to what he said. "Don't you mean telepathy?"

JC shook his head. "What? I can't tell you which path that you're gonna take in life."

Lance and Chris muttered something underneath their breath. I knew they were discussing Joshua's slowness.

I responded, "Especially since your head must've fell and landed on the yellow brick road too."

Joey playfully shoved me and we laughed together. The union was cut short when my car arrived. I went around to the back with my luggage and fit as much as I could, before throwing everything else in the back seat. I then proceeded to get in the driver's seat. JC shouted, "I'll see you tonight at 8!"

I joked with him, "Then issa date!" I drove off into the sunset to head my way back home and bumped my country music along the way.

_______________________________

Aaliyah's P.O.V

Beyoncé and I decided to go to a Smoothie Shack together. Our bodyguards, of course were at a table behind us. I grabbed our orders and placed it at the side window table. She sat across from me as I scooted my chair up. I ordered the Strawberry banana smoothie with a flat bread turkey sandwich and she decided to get mango and a chicken salad.

Beyoncé picked up from recent conversation, "Yes, Ashley has her money back. I swear I can't borrow from her anymore."

I laughed while sticking the straw inside of my drink. "That's cuz your definition of borrowing is holding it IRS hostage."

She grinned while tossing her salad around. "Yeah whateva," she looked up at me before taking a bite of her food, "You've been mute these recent weeks, girls. Something on your mind?"

I spoke to her, "Girl I am fine. God is good, music is good, fans good, everything all good."

She decided to bring up, "So are you and Justin good?"

I cleared my throat, flipping my sandwich over.

"Oh I don't know. Haven't talked to him inna month I believe. Honestly, thinking about him has been a distraction from the jump. I'm not forcing anything. Especially after that blowout over dinner, ain't stressin' a thang." I took a huge bite out of my sandwich. "What is meant will come naturally."

She agreed, "I know that's right, Li." She took a small sip of her smoothie, "I mean it's kinda funny. Your life has been just like that turkey sandwich you're eating; didn't have any sauce until Justin added that extra mayo in ya life." She snickered afterwards, pointing at the corner of my mouth. I wiped off the mayo with the brown napkin beside my plate.