Untitled Part 38

THREE MONTHS LATER: DECEMBER

It's nearly Christmas now. I've been looking forward for it for weeks. I was going home! I had my stuff with me in the taxi, which was enough clothes for three weeks and presents for everyone. I got to the airport and handed in my suitcase. Then, went through security where I got questioned of my age constantly, even when I showed my passport. After about half an hour, I was through security and got myself something from Greggs to eat. I was really hungry after getting up at 3AM to get here two hours early for my flight at 5. I have 45 minutes to wait so I sat with my boarding pass in hand and fiddled on my phone for a bit, texting people. 

I just wanted to get home. I missed America a lot. And dad. And Noah. We'd each other everyday. He's doing well in New York and coming home for Christmas too, so I'd definitely see him too. As much as I love Spain, I love America more because it's my home. The neighbors had promised to keep an eye on my apartment and my bike for me. There was now a proper building for the motorbikes so there was less of a chance of them getting stolen. Only the people owning the bikes had the key to them. 

Then I heard the glorious sound of the intercom saying I could board the plane! Yes! A step closer to home. I found my seat, which was the middle seat of three unfortunately. even worse, I was in between two kids. But, I managed to swap with the one on the aisle seat. They were nice kids and one actually knew who I was. Well, she knew me as 'One of Colby's old roommates'. Close enough. She then proceeded to say, "Colby is definitely the hottest of them all." 

"Ok.." I said awkwardly. I get it a lot annoyingly. I hate it. Why Colby? It makes no sense. All of them are reasonably attractive men, I wouldn't date them of course, but why is Colby always highlighted? 

Then the plane began moving and she began talking to her brother. I couldn't care less because she was a bit of a psycho-fan to be honest. She thought she was the prettiest of them all and would steal Colby away from Brennen. Not happening, girl, Colby's happily married with Bradley as their son. Plus, they're hoping to get Bradly a sibling soon, but they're not sure yet. There could be another little Brock. They took Colby's surname. I don't know why, they just decided to. I slept for the first half of the 10 hour flight. Then got my iPad out to watch my saved films from Netflix. We were landing at 6AM American time. 3PM Spain time. Dad was picking me up from the airport and I couldn't wait to see him again. 

/\/\

Three films later we were landing, so I put my iPad away and put the seat belt back on. Within a minute, we had landed and we could grab our stuff. Slowly, we filed off the plane and went inside to retrieve our bags. I found my green suitcase quickly and went through to the exit. Dad and I made eye-contact and I almost ran over, going into a hug and dropping my suitcase. 

"You're home!" Dad cheered.

"I know!" I replied, "I've missed it so much!"

"I forgot how small you are," He mocked.

"Oh come on!" I moaned.

We began walking to dad's car, me pulling my suitcase along. 

"So how is it over there?" Dad asked me.

"Amazing," I replied.

"Great description there," He said, laughing.

"I mean, you saw the view from my window, it's beautiful over there. The people are a lot nicer too," I said.

"Well, the little people are excited for your return," He said, "And they're coming over after their last day of school."

"Is that today?" I asked.