chapter one ▬▬▬ the introduction

TYRA THOMPSON WAS born on March 13, 1995. Growing up she never new her father, she knew her mother didn't like to talk about it. At the age of 4 she started to play music, it would be music that didn't make sense.

She would do it to entertain her mother. When she got into school she started to focus more on music and singing, auditioning for talent shows, musicals, you name it she even joined chorus. Her mother was proud of what she had already accomplished for a little kid.

As she got older she eventually found her voice in signing and in that moment she knew she wanted to be a singer. In her senior year of high school just before thanksgiving, just before Halloween she lost her mother to cancer.

As her mother laid on her dying bed, she gave Tyra letters and told her to only read them when she was gone. Weeks before that she had sent letters to Tyra's father telling him not to open it until Halloween.

In those letters she explained things to Tyra about who her father really was and where she was going to go after she passed. Tyra's mother passed on October 22, 2012. Tyra was then discovered by her father who was nothing but open arms to her.

Tyra had left the state Arizona and moved out to Los Angles to life with her father and new Stepmother, who was apart of the Black Eyed Peas. Tyra was only a few short months away from her 18th birthday before she could be alone, but staying with her father and step mother made her realized that she didn't want to leave them.

Tyra finished out her senior year and graduated in the spring. As a graduation present her father had bought her a guitar. She was thankful, and began recording her own music. Not long after she released her first hand written song she created her stage name of Zella Day, after that she had a huge fan base.