My aunt had brought me to sit down by the river, explaining everything. My mother was an elemental, my father a lycanthrope. My aunt explained to my how an elemental could control all of the elements of the natural world; fire, water, air, earth. Usually an elemental could only master and control one element, but since I was a lycanthrope as well, I would live much longer than any normal elemental. Almost immortal, she had said. I asked her if I was going to change every full moon like the other wolves I knew of, she laughed and told me how different lycanthropes were from werewolf shifters. Lycanthropes, unlike werewolves who were cursed, were gifted. Being gifted with the ability to shift by an ancient witch, lycanthropes could shift at will, and with practice, almost no pain.

"Why, I'm the most powerful creature on this Earth." Everyone in the room, but one, was shaking, including Ethan. I had realized what I did, letting the elemental in me take control, and immediately felt guilt for everything I had done. "I don't care about the doppelganger Damon, or the witch or anyone else in this town for goodness sake. The only people I care about are you and your brother. I'm here for you, and I'm telling you, Klaus will kill you, and he will do so with a smile on his face. Please, just trust me." Damon looked like he wanted to give in for a moment, but it was only a moment.

"It's for Elena." I knew I should've understood, he was in love with her, he would do anything for her, and in a way I did understand. But, I never did fancy doppelgangers, and hearing those words come out of Damon's mouth struck something in me I couldn't explain. Damon knew it too.

"Anything for the doppelganger, right?"

***************************************************

I slowly unwrapped my arms from Elijah and turned around, instantly regretting it. I looked over to see the love of my immortal life flirting with a human doppelganger. Her name was Katerina Petrova, and at the moment she was the bane of my exist. She was from Bulgaria, and while very pretty and sweet, had Niklaus to herself every minute of every day. He needed her to trust him so he could sacrifice her to unlock his werewolf side that was taken from him before he got a chance to enjoy it, and while I understood that, it still hurt.

"He's just doing what he has to do Emmaline." Elijah tried to comfort me, seeing what my lover could not. Elijah understood that I got jealous and possessive very easily, and while I never spoke these feelings out loud, I couldn't stand it when I felt someone was being taken away from me. Everyone I had ever known besides the few in this family and Ezra has left me, either died, or just simply left, so much so that I only trust few. He understood that when those I trust become distracted, or become distant I worry and become paranoid, I hated being this way, but I couldn't help it.

"I know, but does he have to do it so well." I huffed, knowing that Niklaus could hear every word that was coming out of my mouth, he was relishing in the thought that I thought him high enough to deserve my jealousy. "Look at her, she's practically drooling!" I exclaimed, becoming annoyed with Nik's antics. We had just recently gotten into a fight, something we rarely do, something that caused us to split for however long it took until one of us apologized.

He sneakily snaked his arm around her waist showing her the garden that I care for. I was livid, he knew this. This is why we were constantly on and off, because when he wasn't being jealous and possessive, he was trying to make me jealous and possessive, not to mention the fact that he is an annoying ass most of the time. "Niklaus Mikaelson." He froze and completely zoned out the humans excessive banter once he heard the tone I spoke with. "If you so much as lay another finger on that doppelganger slut..." I paused as he shifted himself, knowing how unbelievably pissed I was, and that he was in for a world of hurt if he didn't heed caution to my words. "I will rip her limb from limb and feed her to the alligators inhabiting the pond." I knew my words had gotten to him when he started keeping a distance from Katerina, knowing that even if he was to slow to evade her grasps I would stay true to my word, no matter what the cost would be.