Amnesia

"When will she wake up?"

"I don't know, the syringe was pretty strong. She hasn't been awake for a month now, who says it'll be any sooner?"

"Huh?" I opened my eyes slightly, two men standing beside me. One wore a mask over his mouth and the other wore a face mask with a black hat on top. They also wore long black coats, which covered their whole body. Both their masks resembled a crow, which reminded me of the masks plague doctors had a long time ago. They looked terrifying, to say the least. I tried to stand up, but was instantly held back by chains holding me chained to the bed.

"Where...am I?" I managed to ask, my head hurting like crazy. The two men looked at each other for a few seconds then casually walked out of the room. How nice. I looked around the room. The walls were white and broken down, and the roof didn't look really steady. Then I looked at my chains, and realized I could only move my body and arms 70 degrees. I sighed and laid back, trying to remember how I got here. But I couldn't remember anything from before I came here. Did I hit my head or something? Maybe I'm at a hospital! Although hospitals usually look a lot friendlier than this...

Then I heard the door creaking, and silently watched as a black silhouette walked in. I didn't dare to say anything, as I don't know what situation I'm in. Then the man stood right beside me.

"Do you remember how you got here?" He asked in a deep, intriguing voice. I gulped, being slightly intimidated by his unusual appearance. He had a mask over his mouth, with golden and purple details. He also wore a green jacket with fur on top. But the thing that stood out the most were his narrowed, golden eyes, which I was staring at for a while now. I then came back to my senses after he waved his hand in front of my face.

"Uhm, no. I can't seem to remember anything..." I again thought deeply, but to no avail. Who even am I?

"Well, you were on a mission with 2 of my comrades, but they said you got hit in the head pretty hard. Then they took you back and we healed most of your wounds. Are you feeling better now?' He asked monotonously, as I quickly nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine! But why am I in chains then?"

"Oh, I didn't know if they poisoned you or something, so just to be sure I locked you up in here." He answered, releasing me from the chains. I sat up and rubbed my wrists and ankles, them being pretty sore. My feet didn't look really good either. But my small bruises aside, I looked really clean and smelled like roses.

"Oh, I understand. But since I lost my memory, could you maybe recall who I am and all that?" I asked the man kindly.

"Of course, just follow me to the living room then I'll explain everything." He answered, and slowly started walking to the exit. I stood up, but barely managed to keep standing as my feet hurt pretty bad. I decided to toughen up and walked after him, ignoring the humangous pain in my feet. I followed him throughout some creepy but clean looking hallways. Is this really where I live?

Then he turned to a door, as he opened it and held it open for me. I quickly got in and observed the new room. Everything was white and empty besides the two black couches and a medium-sized table in the center. There was also a small creature sitting on the armrest of one of the couches. He sat down on the couch with the small 'thing' as he motioned for me to sit down on the other. I sat down on the opposite side of him, and looked at him expectingly.

"I don't know everything about you, but I do know that your name is (f/n)(fake name) and that you joined our organization a few weeks ago. Yesterday you went on your first mission but as you might have guessed, you failed. As for background information, you told us your parents died a couple of years ago and that you have lived by yourself until you joined us. Now you live in our hideout as your own house was burned by a fire." He explained, as I nodded, having a hard time remembering all the new information.

"What organization is this then?" I asked.

"Long story short, we're eradicating the evil underground forces in secret, so that the world will be a better place."

"So you're, I mean we're, a secret group of vigilantes?"

"Yes, if you want to put it like that."

"Awesome! I mean, uh thanks for telling me." He nodded, then whispered something to the small creature sitting beside him. The creature then walked out of the room. I tilted my head in confusion.

"He's telling the other members you're okay now, and about the situation you're in."

"Okay..." I said, feeling kind of awkward. We were just staring at each other in silence. If you let aside that creepy plague doctor mask, he actually looked really nice and tidy. And I think he's around my age too...

I shook my head wildly. You just met this man! Well, for what I can remember then. Maybe I should ask for his name?

"So, what's your name?" I asked, scaring him a bit as he was deep in thought.

"Just call me Overhaul." He answered. Overhaul? Is that a nickname or something? Maybe I shouldn't ask for his real name, something tells me he doesn't want me to know. I'm not really close to him anyways, and I don't wanna be nosy.

"Alright. So what do we do besides taking out criminals?" I asked, feeling kind of bored and in need of action. Maybe it's weird I approve of taking out criminals, but if it's for the greater good, I'm fine with it.

"Just normal stuff everybody else does, although when we go outside we almost always wear disguises, for obvious reasons." He said. 'Now, I must get going. Feel free to roam around, maybe you'll remember something when seeing familiar places. Come to the dining hall at 6 o'clock." He then walked out, leaving me alone in the room.

"Okay..." I said to myself, organizing my thoughts. I hope I can remember everything soon, since I don't wanna be such a burden to them. Specifically, to him...

-1111 words-