Aftermath

I burst through the door of my apartment, locking all the locks I had on it. I panted heavily, since I had to run the last part because my quirk was getting too exhausting. I changed from my wet clothes to my cat onesie, and called Daisuke.

"Hello?"

"Daisuke, it's me. C-could you come to my apartment, p-please? I need a f-friend..." I managed to say while I tears spilled from my eyes, as I was still in shock about what just occurred. I shakingly sat on the couch with my arms wrapped around my legs, moving back and forth.

"Of course!" He said, and hung up the phone. I then heard a knock on my window, and opened it with telekinesis. He immediately ran to me and hugged my crying form.

"What happened?" He asked with a worried yet soothing voice, whilst gently rubbing my head. I explained the whole experience, from my angry boss to meeting that creepy man. All the while he kept hugging me close to him, nodding his head in understanding every once in a while.

"I-I know nothing really happened, b-but it was just so scary! I really thought I was going to die!' I exclaimed, my shaking body slowly getting a bit more relaxed.

"I think you were pretty brave, considering your situation." He said and smiled an eye-closed smile, making me feel a bit better.

"Thank you, Daisuke." I said, and snuggled up against his chest, seeking his warmth. He tensed up a bit, but didn't push me away and rested his head on my head. I closed my eyes and listened to the falling rain, my consciousness slowly slipping away.

-next morning-

I woke up due to a ray of sunshine on my face, and put my blanket over my head. Wait, blanket? I got up and opened my eyes, realizing that instead of laying against Daisuke, I was laying on my bed. He must have carried me to bed after I fell asleep.
Gotta thank him for that later. I looked at my alarm clock, half past 7. Still got half an hour to catch the bus. I changed into my uniform, and grabbed some food from the counter, which was already prepared. I guess Daisuke did that too. I then made my way to the bus station, still 10 minutes early. I sat down and played a bit on my phone, until the bus stopped right before my feet. I got in and sat in the back, which was still empty. Then, a boy with messy green hair sat beside me, probably since the rest of the bus was already full. I looked at him from the corner of my eye, which he noticed and looked at me too.

"Hello! I'm (y/n) (l/n)!" I greeted the boy, with a small smile on my lips. His cheeks instantly flushed red.

"I-I'm M-midoriya I-Izuk-u." He stuttered, a small chuckle escaping my lips. Adorable.

"Where are you going on this fine morning?" I asked politely, snickering from the inside.

"T-to s-school. You?"

"To work. I work at a cafe as a waitress. It doesn't pay very well though, and my boss is super strict! I guess that's what you get for dropping out of school early..." I said awkwardly.

"Always learn hard and finish school! Or whatever." I tried to encourage him.

"I will!" Then the bus stopped.

"Oh this is my stop. Well, good luck at school!" I said waving, and got out of the bus. Then I went inside of the cafe and checked in with my boss, who seemed surprised that I was on time for once. Then I encountered Sakira.

"Came back to grab your stuff?" She asked with a nasty smile on her face, as I rolled my eyes.

"No, I came back to work." I answered. There's no use in being angry at her, it'll only make things worse for me. I grabbed my things and started getting to work again.

-time skip-

"Phew." I sighed out loud after receiving the money from the last costumer. Sakira and the rest of my colleagues went home already, so I had to stay for the last customers. The manager even left saying I had to close the cafe, probably because of my 'accident' yesterday. But just as I was ready to leave, the bell rang once again, signaling a costumer has come in. I looked at the clock. 19:58, only two minutes of work left. I quickly went to get the notepad and pen, and got to the customer, which table was in the darkest corner of the cafe.

"Good evening sir, what can I get for you?" I tried to look at his face, but he pulled down his black hat, making it unable to see his eyes. He said something, but I didn't understand. I leaned in a bit closer, and saw his golden eyes. I frowned.

"Have we...met before?"

"A latte machiato caramel, please." He ignored my question, and turned his head away from me. I slowly nodded and wrote it down on the notepad, backing off. I then went to prepare the order.

'Have I seen this man before?' I wondered.

After finishing making the latte, I went back  to bring it to the man, looking at him one more time, before finally realizing it.

"I-I..." I dropped the tray I was holding in shock, the liquid splashing all over the place. His eyes widened as he grabbed some kind of needle from his pocket. I tried running away, but the man harshly held my shocked form and injected the needle in my neck  before I could resist to his grip. I felt a weird feeling going through my body, my consciousness slowly slipping away from me. I weakly turned around to face the man, who was becoming more blurry by the second.

Then everything went black.

-1001 words-