Unconventional

Started: Sept 23, 2018
Continuation: Sept 28, 3018

Where do I begin? How do I share this story without feeling hurt or insecure? Is it even right to write this down and be reminded of it again in the future? I'm not even sure if I'm right or it's just me being a girl and overly dramatic.

I guess, I should start with how I met him. Ours wasn't love at first sight but hate at first text..

It was one random day when my sister suddenly thought of introducing me to his high school friend who happens to be you. I was hesitant because I just didn't feel like meeting another friend of my sister. Yes, you weren't the first guy that she had introduced to me in the hope of finding me a boyfriend.

Our first interaction was through pm. We were just exchanging polite messages when suddenly you said something that pissed me off lock, stock, and barrel.

"High maintenance ka.. Mas nice si ate kesa sayo."

I was totally shocked and offended. In my mind, I was cursing you. Like, who the hell does he think he is to judge me without even knowing me first!

Yes, we were schoolmates in high school, but that wasn't enough for you to judge me. We never once talked when we were in high school. I didn't even know you before that day. I wanted to say a lot of mean things to you that night, but I suppressed myself from doing so because you're still a friend of my sister.

The next day, you didn't even apologize for saying such things to me. Instead, you even had the gall to ask if I am really nice and a lot more. Surprisingly though, I didn't get offended like the first time. I realized that you're just blunt.

We started off on the wrong foot, to say the least. Funny, but I found it refreshing. Perhaps, because you steered away from the conventional way of getting to know someone.

I even found myself looking forward to your messages until one day, you decided to call all of a sudden. My heart beat so fast. I was extremely nervous and didn't know what to say. However, you had your way of making me feel at ease. 

After that, we'd stay up late talking on the phone, either talking about the people we knew in high school or, your plans for the future with me in it. You never failed to render me speechless whenever you talked about our future together.

It was weird, but maybe, mas wirdo ako kasi sa totoo lang, kilig na kilig ako. I always looked forward to your calls, your talks about our future, your sweetness, and your endearment to me which I found baduy sometimes.

The fact that you aren't shy to express yourself is both shocking and impressive for me. Ang sarap marinig pag sinasabi mo na ako na yung nakikita mo na kasamang tumanda. Ang sarap pa lang marinig mula sa taong natutunan mo ng magustuhan na para sa kanya ikaw na yung asawa niya, yung magiging mama ng mga anak niya. It felt so darn good.

Sa isip ko, 'finally, eto na yung taong seseryosohin ako. Yung taong mamahalin ako. The one I prayed for.'

I really thought nothing would change. But as they say, the only thing constant in this world is change, and sadly, you're no exception..