10. First VIP Room

"Uhh manager, where are the stairs?" After an hour of walking around she finally decided to ask the manager.

"What?! You haven't sent that dish up yet? The stairs are behind vine draperies next to the peony flowers. Go, go, go before I fire you for making the customer wait so long!" The manager shooed her away and went back to his checkbooks.

"Ohh kay?" Mingxia walked back up the stair and finally found the stairs.

"The stairs are hidden behind a wall of fake vines and it's located in the shadows. How did you think I'll find that?" Mingxia complained as she finally arrived on the third floor.

The VIP floor was hidden for a reason. It was clear that only nobles could eat here just by looking at the hallway. There were only four rooms on this floor and each room was located a reasonable distance away from each other. Between each room there was a window with a blue and white porcelain set on its window sill. There were black ink drawings on each door with a haiku written on it. (The doors are based on Japanese doors so it's a paper sliding door.)

She stopped in front of the door with a golden one (一) on it.

"Excuse me, I'm coming in with you food." She slid open the door and walked in with the tray of cold food.

(The room inside is also Japanese styled.) There were tatami boards covering the floor and a table was located in the center with cushions as seats. Mingxia gently set all the dishes on the wooden table and was about to leave when a hand grabbed her wrist.

"Wha-" She turned around and stopped when she saw that the person touching her was none other than the second prince, Zong Qiu.

"Why do I have to meet this annoying person today?"

She attempted to free her wrist but his grip was too strong so all her attempts failed. Zong Qiu on the other hand found it amusing seeing Mingxia struggle and her expression changing from surprise to annoyance then to anger than back to annoyance.

He didn't realize that there were two other people witnessing this event and the smile on his face.

"Mister Zong, do you mind removing your hand?" After numerous tries she finally gave up and decided to directly ask him.

"What if I said no?" Zong Qiu responded simply but it was because of how careless he said it that caused her anger to come back.

With a strong tug she successfully freed her wrist but she fell on the floor due to her excessive strength. She pulled Zong Qiu along with and the two fell into a suggestive position. With his hands supporting his body on top of her as she lied underneath. The two stared at each other for a second when Mingxia suddenly remembered that there were two audiences looking at them with gaped faces.

"Get off!" She pushed him in the chest and stood up to fix her outfit.

"Hmph." She took the tray and walked towards the door.

"Day 1." Zong Qiu suddenly said.

"Hah?" Mingxia turned around to see Zong Qiu smiling as he picked up his chopsticks.

"I mean today is day one of your work."

"I know, I'm not stupid." With that Mingxia slid open the door and closed it with a bang.

"What?" Zong Qiu picked up his bowl of rice and began eating, of course by now the food was cold.

Deng Yanjing has never seen Zong Qiu touch a women for so long he couldn't believe what he has just witnessed. Ying on the other hand was very excited about the fact that his Qiu ge has finally opened up to a female. His eyes are basically sparking when he saw them in that position and was itching to ask his Qiu ge.

"Did y-you just t-touch...." Ying was so excited that he stuttered out each word.

"Did you just touch her?" Yanjing asked for Ying and himself.

Zong Qiu didn't respond to it and was picking through a dish of braised duck meat. Feeling defeated by his silence Yanjing and Ying both sighed and picked up their chopsticks to eat.

"This is cold!" Ying set down his chopsticks and whined.

"Hmm." Yanjing took a bite of his rice and found that his was cold as well.

"Qiu ge don't eat anymore just order for another meal. Cold food isn't good for you." Ying said and stretched his hand over to stop Zong Qiu from eating.

"If you're going to complain then don't eat, don't waste food." Zong Qiu continued eating and was already halfway through his bowl of rice.

Feeling defeated once again the two men could only pick up their chopsticks again and continued eating.

Zong Qiu did not like to eat cold food but for some reason despite the fact that the food was cold his heart was thumping very fast and his body was warm. He could never forget the pair of warm brown eyes staring at him, her pouty pink lips and what happened today.

_____________________________________________

Outside the door, Mingxia's face was flushed red as she tried to fan herself with the tray.

"That guy! How dare h-h-he..." Her face flushed red again thinking back at what happened in the room.

"Arghhh!" Bewildered, she knelt down with her back against the wall and her legs up against her chest.

After some time cooling off she finally walked back downstairs not able to remembering what just happened.

She never saw Zong Qiu again for the rest of the day which helped her to successfully finish all her tasks without delay. Halfway through noon she was asked by the manager if she wanted leave and she accepted. Tired from all the running and climbing she used the little money she had to call a carriage and went home. She purposely asked the driver to stop in a little shack not far from her house and walked the rest of the way. She climbed back in the same way she climbed out and landed on her feet in her garden, relieved that there were no one here she made her way back to her room.

In her room her maid, Xing, was walking back and forth non stop, worrying about her lady. Xing was employed only a few months ago and was already given the task of serving Lady Mingxia. She was only 14 years old but she was completely loyal to her lady. Today, because Mingxia was not there for class she was frantic the whole day praying for her lady to come home. Right now, seeing that her lady hasn't arrived home she was worried beyond compare.

"Xing!" A hand suddenly tapped her shoulder causing her to jump in surprise.

"My lady!"

"Xing I told you about calling me a "lady," I hate that. Just call me Mingxia. Also, can you help bring in a tub of water for me? I want to bathe." Mingxia playfully flicked a finger at Xing's forehead, who adorably covered her forehead with her hand.

"Mingxia!" She pouted and went out to prepare Mingxia's bath.

Mingxia laughed at took off her blue attire, her black hair was let loose over her shoulders as she changed.

After bathing Mingxia changed into sky blue robes and sat on the table reading her book.

"Lady Mingxia." A familiar masculine voice came from outside the door and Mingxia groaned knowing who it was.

"Xing tell that person I am busy and can not see him." Xing nodded and walked out the door.

After some time she came back in and walked towards Mingxia.

"Mingxia, Mister Zong Ching wishes to see you but since you are busy he will come back tomorrow."

"Ok." Satisfied with today's work, Mingxia used her arms on the table as a pillow for her sleepy head.

This is all the edited chapters I have for this week. Thanks to obetaku for his/her hard work.