Chapter 49 The Whispering Door

Start from the beginning

"How does he know?" She whispered.

Bishop scowled at her, "I didn't ask any follow up questions. People like to gossip though Ladyship, you know how it is."

He grabbed a couple of wash cloths and tossed her one. They both took a quick rinse over the basin, using some soap to clean all the messy nooks and crannies on their bodies and wiping the sweat and other unmentionable things off, especially between her legs. Rona still couldn't believe he'd gone four times in a row, back to back. She was highly impressed though she knew it was because of the beast blood.

He noticed her reddening face, thinking about it, as he scrubbed an armpit and leaned over whispering sensually, "I'm not done with you yet, Princess."

She smirked at him and shoved him away playfully. She finished off her bath by washing her hair thoroughly and then dried them both off with her magic. They got fully dressed and went downstairs to find Nelkir who'd wandered over to look at an assortment of books, potions, soul gems, alchemical ingredients and plenty of other junk they'd collected in their travels and shoved aimlessly onto the shelves.

She cleared her throat and he jumped, turning back to look at her with the same green eyes as hers. He was a scrawny boy, though his clothes had been tailored to fit him perfectly. His hair was reddish in color, not entirely unlike her mother's if it had been much darker. It was too long she thought and he let it hang over his eyes, like he was hiding from something.

She motioned to the chair and said, "Can I get you anything to eat? To drink?"

He went back over to the chair and sat down, crossing his leg over the other and pressing his fingertips together, looking like a haughty noble in a smaller body, "I'll have a pheasant roast with a few slices of Eidar cheese and some braided bread - I prefer the butter melted on top. Oh and to drink I'd like fresh squeezed juniper juice."

Bishop looked at the boy flabbergasted and Rona pressed her lips together stifling a laugh. Nelkir looked at both of them confused before he said, "Well if you don't have any pheasant I'll take a salmon steak instead."

Rona held a hand to her mouth, trying very hard not to laugh at the poor boy.

Bishop just said, "We were thinking more like a sweet roll and some milk."

Nelkir frowned at him, "I'm no milk drinker."

Bishop just shrugged his shoulders, "Whatever, more for me then."

Nelkir stared at him as he walked into their tiny kitchen and started throwing together their usual breakfasts of milk and sweet bread. He even added a couple of apples. The boy said, "You drink milk?"

"Of course!" Bishop said loudly as he started cutting one of the apples into slices, "You want to grow some muscle and put some hair on your chest don't you? Then drink your milk kid."

Nelkir scowled fiercely at him and said, "I'm not a kid!"

Bishop laughed, "Well you're certainly no man."

Rona threw him a firm look and chastised him, "Bishop."

He just rolled his eyes and went back to fixing their breakfasts. Rona addressed Nelkir then and said, "So you wanted to see me?"

He looked up at her and immediately said, "I know who you are."

She nodded and said slowly, "Yeess, we met before. I'm the Dragonborn."

"No, I mean," he looked away from her, his hands moved to grip the armrests on his chair, then he gave her a side eye glance, "I know you're my sister."