Chapter 3

finally, here's a chapter 3! i hope you guys enjoy and lemme know if you want me to make a playlist and put songs with some of the chapters! 

Anne fell to the ground from the force of the wood, holding her head in her hand. Both Billy and Gilbert turned around to see she had fallen, Gilbert getting more angry by the second. Billy's eyes widened. He wanted to laugh, but for some reason - he couldn't. 

"Don't you have a brain, Andrews?" Gilbert yelled as he pushed Billy away from the hurt Anne. Billy looked worriedly back and forth from Anne to Gilbert. He slowly moved away from the two, going back to his posse looking between Gilbert and him. 

"Y-yeah, well that's what that u-ugly orphan gets for s-standing too close," Billy stuttered as he backed up from Gilbert before walking quickly back to the front of the schoolhouse, his friends following close behind.

Gilbert crouched next to Anne. "Anne, are you alright?" He looked at her with concern wretched in his eyes as Anne rubbed the top of her head.

"That Billy Andrews is as cruel as they make them," she muttered. Gilbert chuckled as he helped her up, her head still pounding. 

"Anne, you should probably rest for the day," Gilbert said as he stared at her, still worried out of his mind. Anne couldn't tell why he was like this. She was too focused on how the lighting from the sun seemed to make his skin tanner. Anne cleared her throat, not wanting these thoughts to come back into her mind anytime soon. She turned away from him and nodded.

"Well, let's go. I'm walking you home," he said as he pulled Anne behind him; one hand on her wrist, the other in his pocket. 

"I can get home fine alone, Gilbert. I don't need your help," she huffed.

Gilbert chuckled. "And I won't be helping you. I'll just be following next to you."

Anne sighed, getting annoyed by that little smirk on his face. She broke free from his grip and started walking back to Green Gables, Gilbert jogging after her to keep his place next to her. As they were walking along the path in the woods, Gilbert noticed how Anne kept rubbing her head. He sighed, placing a hand on her shoulder and stopped all of a sudden. Anne turned to face him. 

"Anne, are you sure you're alright? Do you need medicine to help the pain?" he asked.

His hand trailed up from her shoulder until it rested on her cheek. Anne leaned into his hand, looking up into Gilbert's eyes. Gilbert stared down at her as he smiled, leaning into her softly. Anne's heart beat quickened. She tore away from his caress and continued to walk down the path, leaving Gilbert standing where they had just been seconds before.

"Marilla has some, I bet," Anne said blankly as she continued walking.

Gilbert gulped, feeling the heart race and blush deeper as he realized what he was about to do. 

"A-Anne, hold on!" He called as he followed after her for the second time that day.

hehe sorry guys for this chapter being so short, i'm a little rushed right now so hopefully it was good :/// im going to be updating again tomorrow or later tonight so look out for chapter 4! please let me know what you thought about this chapter! -kylie