After a few moments of standing there, silently running my fingers through the back part of his hair, I spoke out, giving no context. "Anna." He looked at me, confused. "Call me Anna. It's short for Annalise."

"Annalise?" He asked, his brow raised in the slightest.

"It's my middle name. I just thought it would be easier than saying Miss Rosewood every time you wanted my attention." I said, smiling.

He smiled back at me, going over to compel the shop owner for the clothes, even if he didn't want to use it, he still had to know how.

I knew letting him call me Anna wasn't just easier, very few people even knew I had a middle name, let alone call me by it. I knew that it was just easier for me at the moment, to have someone close to me. He was such a sweet person, caring, and compassionate towards someone he had never met, who had almost killed him at first. He had every right to not want to be here with me, yet he stayed, and made this time so much easier than it usually was. Not to mention Ezra sent him to me, reminding me of a time when I could see him without fear of someone killing him. If Nik found out he helped me escape, he would be dead for certain, and I couldn't risk that.

When Ethan finished up, we made our way back to the compound, slipping into my room to get ready before making a fashionably late entrance.

All heads turned as Ethan and I descended the stairs, arm in arm like always. Marcel made his way over, stopping conversation with a now very annoyed lady. "Em! You made it!" Ethan let go and Marcel reached beside me for a moment, giving me a kiss on the cheek. "Ladies and gentlemen," He caught the attention of the few who weren't already looking, "welcome back, the Queen of New Orleans!" Everyone clapped, some knowing who I was, others knowing it would be rude not to. It felt a little weird at first, being the queen to Marcel's king, but seeing as how at the time my own king didn't even know I was alive, helping someone and getting the title by default, wasn't that bad. Besides, he knew Nik, and since the originals talked about me all the time, he was never anything other than a gentleman around me, if he was afraid of me or the originals I never actually found out.

"Violetta! No!" Her body lay in my arms, a hole where the dagger used to be hovered above her heart. Her eyes dead of any emotion she once had, if only we had left earlier, if I had been stronger. He went after her because he knew he couldn't go after me, and I knew that Mikael was going to go after Nik and the rest of them next. They were also in New Orleans, I never had the heart to fully leave them, I always had to make sure they were okay.

I sped over, following Nik's scent, and ran into the building I knew they'd be in. There was some kind of play or something going on, and as I looked around, I spotted Mikael sitting behind Nik, their attention on a boy limp on a wooden prop, I could tell Nik was upset.

Mikael sat, taunting Nik, and no matter how much I wanted to stop him, run up to him and rip him out of Mikael's grasp, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I waited until they were out of the building before rushing over to the boy to see if he was still alive. Luckily he was, and I got him out before fire took down the place. Once he was safe, I told him to stay put and that I would be back for him.

I ran as fast I my legs could carry me until I saw Mikael holding a white oak stake up to Elijah. Without even looking around I charged at Mikael, knocking him away from Elijah, the stake still in his hands.

"Well, well, well, the little whore stopped weeping long enough to believe she was strong." Mikael said, trying to get in my head.

"Emmaline?" I risked a glance at Elijah.

"Get out of here Eli!" I said, staring Mikael down. I knew the second I looked away is when he would run for Elijah.

"No." He came up behind me and I shoved him backwards. "I'm not leaving you Emmaline!" He yelled at me, it caught me off guard. He had never yelled at me, he was always so well tempered.