Ch. 13

DEREK POV

The pictures were down before first period and with them went any shred of hope I had for stiles and I. Never once had I doubted us, for a moment we seemed unbeatable. And I was afraid we had finally lost it.

"Der baby- please calm down" Stiles had pulled me into an empty classroom, afraid I might wolf out.

"Calm down! You seen the pictures too right? Or was that in my head?"

"No I seen them"

"Why are you so calm then?"

"Everyone already knows I'm gay Derek- and last time I checked you wanted everyone to know you were too. So the way I see it you're mad at the fact that Michael was the one who put them up"

"You damn right I am- I-I'm gonna kill him I-I'm gonna-"

Stiles cut me off throwing me my backpack "No-You're gonna go to practice"

"What am I gonna do about my friends?"

"They aren't your friends if they can't accept this"

"What about Michael?"

"Let's get through the day first"

"Who are you and what have you done with my boyfriend?" he joked.

"I'm not sure. Maybe one of those guys just kicked my head in the right place-but despite everything that's happened to me this year, I'm really happy with you. So I've decided to play it cool before panicking a jumping off the deep end" Stiles kissed me once before picking up his crutches to head to first period "I'll see you in english"

I was in the locker room pulling my jersey off my back cautiously. I had been watching my back all practice and nothing happened. With Jackson,Brett, and Matt all expelled it seemed they were the only ones who had a problem with it. In Fact no one seemed to care.

Isaac gave me a thumbs up and a pat on the back "How ya doing man?"

"Not bad I guess. No one has really said anything"

"That's because no one really cares. We may be a small town but we're anything if not accepting"

"Then how come you never came out? You told me you were bisexual"

"Jackson. He was a bully and a mean one who just happened to choose me as a friend. With him gone everyone isn't afraid to be who they are. And they have you to thank for that" he put his hand back on my shoulder "Liam and I have you to thank for that" I stared with a blank expression "Liam- my boyfriend"

"Oh right. Well I didn't intend on being some hero or whatever. I was just protecting the guy I love. But your welcome anyways"

I met with Stiles at his locker before English and, If anything people smiled and cooed at us as if we were the cutest couple."Have you been okay?" I asked, and he gave me an annoyed look knowing I would get rid of anyone who hurt him because of this.

"Yeah. It's been a normal day. Aside from Scott and Cora being everywhere I turned"

"Yeah I think they expect you to explode"

"Well it's not gonna happen. Wanna get to class?"

I grabbed his hand smiling for the first time that day "Yeah lets go"

STILES POV

Derek and I were studying at my kitchen table when my dad came home from work. The look on his face had said it all. The stunt at the school had made its way to the station. He exhaled a deep sigh and the first thing he said was "I could arrest him on harassment charges, but he'll get probation at the least"

"No thanks dad we're fine"

"Hold on Sti that doesn't sound too bad" Derek said, I smacked him with the back of my book and he laughed at the attempt to hurt him.

"Wait- you two are you okay with this?"

"Yeah. The janitors took them down, no one really cared, and Stiles and I can be a normal couple in public" the sheriff, with a shocked expression on his face, nodded and left to the living room presumably to watch a game. I shook my head at my father before turning back to my notes. And that was when Derek manhandled me into his lap and started kissing me. And a clicked went off I realized he had taken a picture.

"What was that for?" he posted it on his instagram with the caption love of my life it was sappy but I let him do it. And I knew somewhere deep down Derek was hoping Michael was somewhere seeing the photo.

We headed over to the Hales later that night. Cora was tucked under Scotts arm as I plopped down on the sofa beside them. Derek had left me with a kiss and ran upstairs to his room. So I stayed with the happy couple and watched tv with the two. Until I realized we were fifteen minutes into whatever was on and Derek hadn't come back down. Fortunately the two were sucking face so they hadn't noticed me sneak off. I hobbled with my boot up the stairs and pushed open Derek's bedroom door to find Michael standing there with a smug look on his face as he pulled Derek in by his shirt collar for a kiss. Derek pushed him off holding back his super strength. And before I realized it I was seeing red and when I came back up for air I had punched Michael square in his nose and he was cowering on the floor holding his bleeding nose. He scrambled to find his footing, obviously giving up, and ran from the room.

"Don't tell Cora or Scott. They have a bet going for when I'd crack"

With stunned eyes, all Derek said was "That was so hot" right before he captured my lips with his, licking into my mouth instantly. I moaned letting him toss me back onto the bed and we made out all night. The perfect ending to the strangest day.

We hadn't seen Michael again since that night.

It was a few weeks later when we were all sitting around a table in the courtyard. Isaac, Scott, Cora, Derek, his friend Boyd from the lacrosse team, his girlfriend Erica and me. We were talking about prom when I found myself just smiling. The beginning of Senior year was terrible, my entire high school experience had been shit. But my amazing boyfriend came along and suddenly all of that was forgotten.

"You okay?" said boyfriend asked, noticing my smile.

"Will you go to prom with me?" I asked him.

He just grinned back, and offered a kiss "I'd be delighted"