Ch. 12

DEREK POV

"Well aren't you happy to see me?" He smiled, and let himself in.

"Why would I be?"

"Well considering you were pretty upset when you left I just thought maybe you'd be a bit more welcoming"

"If I recall correctly I was upset because you were breaking up with me" I eyed him up and down, and to my dismay he looked the exact same. It was as if the last few months never happened to him "So if you're done tripping down memory lane I've got to go"

" So that's it?"

"What did you expect Mike?" and as his face fell and his shoulders slumped I could see the look evident throughout his face "Oh I see, you expected me to come crawling back, you wanted me to grovel and beg you to take me back"

"Der-"

"And maybe I would have done that six months ago. But I've found love, real love and I realized that what we had didn't come close to that. We had fighting, and arguing, and a lifeless relationship. And for the first time since you've dumped me I've realized that it was the best decision you could have made, for the both of us" I pushed passed him to my car not sure what I was going to do.

STILES POV

Derek marched right through the door and to my lips latching on immediately. I hadn't a chance to take a breath and my head was already spinning but I let my fingers rake against his scalp anyways enjoying the feeling "Are you okay?"

"I just love you that's all"

"I love you too baby. Now let's get to the doctors my legs are itching like crazy"

We were surprisingly in and out but much to my dismay I left still on crutches and a boot on my left leg since it was taking longer to heal. I could tell something was off about Derek. He was quiet yet fidgety and that was never good.We were sitting in his camaro outside my house listening to the radio. He had pulled up thirty minutes ago and neither of us seemed able to move.

"You know I could have gotten Scott to take me today"

"What do you mean?" his voice was raspy and deep, almost like I hadn't heard in forever.

"I mean you seemed like it killed you to be with me today. If it was that big of an issue I could've asked Scott"

"N-No you didn't do anythin- God I'm so stupid... You didn't do anything wrong I've just got some things on my mind"

"Wanna talk about it?"

"I need to tell you something" He finally let go of the steering wheel he had been gripping and rubbed his palms up and down the sides of his jeans. And just before he could begin again his phone went off.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah my mom just wants to know if you're coming to dinner?" he asked with pleading eyes.

"I could be persuaded" I joked, hoping to elicited some form of laugh from him. All I got was a smile and a deep kiss and for the time being it was enough for me.

No matter how much, or loudly I protested Derek carried me to the front step until I started squealing about how I wasn't a damsel. He laughed and handed me the crutches.

The tantalizing smell of Mrs.Hale's cooking had me drooling and hobbling to the kitchen. I loved her home cook meals, there was a shortage in my house after my mom died but she was always willing to make them for me.

That happiness was short lived once I finally made it to the dining room. I recognized him the minute we locked eyes. I had only seen glimpses of him in pictures but I knew without a doubt who he was. It was Derek's ex "Michael" he smiled extending an arm towards me "You must be the Stiles I've heard so much about"