Chapter One (Departure)

My Mother carried me in her clutches, her blood dripping onto my cheek. Echos of the villagers screams began to get closer. She put her finger too her mouth.

"Shhh"

My hands started to shake as a small tear rolled down my mothers chin. Her wide smile, and soft sweet eyes said it all. 

"Mommy" I wispier. 

Without any notice I was placed in an old row boat covered in some vines and swamp water. I looked towards my mother standing tall as she waved me goodbye. Lantern lights beamed in the distance along with five men. They took one grasp at my mother and lunged at her. Mother smiled putting her finger to her lips. I turned away closing my eyes, only the muffled sounds of my mothers screams in agony could be heard. The cave between me and the swamp waters got closer. The boat creaks as I'm pulled back onto dry land. 

"Mommy" I scream. 

The lanterns burned my face as my mothers lifeless corpse laid on the waterside. My body begins to burn in agony as I fall to my knees and black out.

....

The wind blows through my hair, as my eyes slowly open. 

"S--un" I moan. 

I jolt up screaming, soldiers bodies dumped dead all around me. I stand looking at my clean overalls now covered in blood and scull remains.  

"My hands" I gulp

Red copper smelling splotches covered my hands and half my face. Falling too the ground I remember I killed them all.