EP 10

WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THOSE KIND OF THINGS, JUST SKIP IT. :)

>>>>>><<<<<<<<

"They refused to give us his heart this morning," the doctor said.

For the billionth time in my life, I froze. "B-but can they-they can't do that!" I ranted.

"I'm sorry Samantha but we can't do anything about it,"

Then I lost it. I pushed him away and ran to Anne. I asked her who the donor was. She told me everything I needed to know. Michael tried to talk to me but I just pushed him out of my way. I ran. I ran and looked for the donor's room. Then I found it. I saw the donor lying down on bed. I saw his parents beside him. I could tell. I absent-mindedly entered the room. His parents looked at me like they've seen a ghost. I can't blame them. 

"Is he? Is he the donor for Mr. Charles Parnell?" I choked out.

The couple nodded.

"Why? Why would you take it back? Why now?" I said, looking at them.

"Something happened last night. I felt his fingers move. The doctor might have said that those were just his reflexes, but to us, it's hope," the lady explained.

I shook my head and knelt down. I pleaded. I begged and begged and begged for my father's life.

"Please! Let him give his heart! Please! I'm begging you. Please! Have mercy!" I cried out over and over. 

The lady knelt down in front of me. "Who is Mr. Charles Parnell?"

"He's my father," I choked out. I looked at her. "Please," I said one last time. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. But I can't give up my son's life." she said.

I cried on her shoulder as she hugged me. Two strong arms helped me get up. I turned around and realized it was Michael. I buried my face on his chest and he wrapped his arms around me tightly and kissed the top of my head.

He still had his arm around me when we walked down the hallway, whispering "Shh." Every now and then and kisses my forehead. I told Anne what was going on. She, too, burst into tears. "Why?" she cried out over and over, just like I did. I hugged her and let Harry soothe her. I entered my dad's room to tell him.

"Dad?"

>>>>><<<<<

After I called Nicole, Michael asked me if we could go to a cafe for dinner. I just nodded. He ordered me something to eat but I never touched it. He just stared at me, trying to figure out what to say. He held my hand across the table. I looked at our joined hands and caressed my thumb over his. I looked at him and gave him a weak smile.