EP 6

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

"So, what were you up to while I was gone?" Dad smiled at me.

"Just sitting around all day. And uh, I went to a local pub last Friday night with some friends," I said. I felt Harry smirked at me.

He just nodded. Which was pretty weird. Normally, he would scream right in my face and tell me that I'm grounded for the rest of my life. I guess he was trying to impress Anne. I turned to her. It was my turn for questions.

"So, what do you do?" I smiled at her.

"Oh," she seemed surprised. "I work at a bakery. Harry comes in sometimes to help," she smiled warmly.

"Mom," Harry exclaimed.

"What? I think it is really sweet of you to come and help sometimes. He even made his own recipe," Anne said.

"Mom, stop it. Please," Harry said, suddenly blushing.

The rest of the dinner went on like this. Anne embarrassing Harry and my dad embarrassing me. We all ended up having a good laugh and some good time getting to know each other. After we finished dinner, Harry and dad cleared the table while Anne and I do the dishes. I somehow felt like I have my own new family. Anne as my mother and Harry as my older brother, even though we're almost the same age. He's only months older. 

"Hey, how about we bake something for tomorrow? Harry and I can teach you some recipes," Anne offered. 

"Oh. I-uh, I can't. I mean, not tomorrow. Maybe some other time?" I said.

"What's wrong honey?" Dad said.

"Nothing's wrong. I-uh. I just, well, uh, i already have plans for tomorrow," I said.

"Oh. What are your plans then?" dad said. 

"I-uh, I got a date?" It sounded more of like a question. 

"With who?"

"You remember the guy who 'rescued' me the other night? Michael?"

"Oh. Well. I better talk to him first before you guys go out,"

"Dad. It's not like he's going to eat me or something. He's a great guy," I rolled my eyes.

"Come on Charles. Just let her go," Anne said. Thank God for her.

"Alright. But he gets to pick you up and bring you back here before 11o' clock, kay?"

"Yeah dad," I said. 

>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<

 "KNOCK KNOCK! SAM. YOUR DATE HAS ARRIVED," I heard Harry yell from outside. I opened my door and smiled at him. "Thanks. Uh, do I look good," I said. Michael and I decided last night to dress casually. I was wearing a simple floral cropped top, beige colored shorts, my ankle boots and my hair was fixed in a nice ponytail. "Beautiful," he winked at me. We both went downstairs and saw Dad talking to Michael. I tapped him on his shoulder. "Hi dad," I smiled at both of them. "You look beautiful sweetie!" Dad smiled at me. I blushed slightly. "Hi Mike," I said and walked towards him. "Hey," he said smiling, not taking his eyes off of me. "We better get going," I turned to Dad. "Oh. Of course. But remember. Curfew's at eleven o' clock," he eyed Michael. "Yes sir," he said. "Good. Now, run along and have a good time," dad smiled. Michael and I waved our goodbyes and went. 

"Did my dad scare you?" I joked.

"Kinda," he said and we both laughed.

"So, where are we going?" I asked Michael as he helped me in his car. (Was it even his? I don't know. But who cares anyway.) "You'll know when we get there," he smiled. He started the engine and we drove off. After an hour of driving, we finally pulled up at a parking lot. Michael opened the door for me and I thanked him.