"Aren't you going to tell me yours?" You said impatiently, and the man smiled.

"No," he said plainly, and leant backwards against the wall, one of his feet resting against it.

"You don't look to be enjoying yourself," you observed, trying to make small talk. It would be awkward if you both just stood there.

"Parties aren't really my thing," he disclosed and you snorted slightly. He looked at you.

"Would never have guessed," you teased, your hands waving with your sarcasm. He laughed slightly; it was a rather happy sound. You glanced over at the grandfather clock. 9 O'clock. Damn.

"Well don't worry, we only have five hours until the party ends," you assured, and he groaned slightly.

You laughed.

"So, mister, what are you doing here if you don't like parties, huh?" You asked curiously, raising an eyebrows raised. He looked at you, deliberating.

"I honestly have no idea," he admitted, and you giggled. What was with you tonight?

You looked at the grandfather clock.

"So we have about 4 hours and 58 minutes until the party ends," you said, and he looked at you.

"If you are going to do that every 2 minutes I'm leaving," he joked, but he was half serious. You sighed in exasperation.

"No," you said plainly, "what I meant is: would you like to dance with me?"

He looked at you, in slight shock it seemed, and shrugged his shoulders.

"Why not?" He said to himself, and you grabbed his arm, pulling him out onto the dance floor.

He placed his hands on your waist, gingerly, and you placed yours around his neck, looking at him. Although... he wasn't looking at you, but at his feet.

"Do you know how to dance?" You asked, and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Not really," he admitted, and you snorted.

"You came to a ball, and didn't learn how to dance?" You raised your eyebrows.

"I've never really had a use for it before," he answered, "girls don't usually ask me to dance, especially pretty ones."

You felt yourself blush.

"Well, how about I teach you? It's easy!" You assured, and he laughed a little, smiling.

"Sure," he said, biting his lower lip. You nodded seriously.

"Follow my lead," you said, and began to sway on the spot. He looked at you after a while of looking at his feet.

"Aren't we supposed to move around?" He asked, and you shook your head.

"That's harder, and exercise," you moaned, and he laughed.

"Swaying it is," he clarified, and tightened his grip on your waist, pulling you slightly closer.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Rapunzel yelled, and came swirling over to you. You broke away from your partner, who had suddenly gone rather tense.

"I haven't seen you all night," she complained, and raised her eyebrows at the man standing besides you. She raised her eyebrows.

"Who's this?" She said playfully. You sighed.

"I have absolutely no idea, he won't tell me," you moaned, crossing your arms and looking up at him. His face was stony, and expressionless, as he looked at the princess.

"Oh, man of the night, hey?" Rapunzel joked. You snorted and your partner raised his eyebrows.

"Do you have any idea what that means?" You choked, and Freckles (you had decided to call him Freckles) smirked.

"Yeah, it means he likes the darkness, right?" She said, her innocence shining through.

"No, no Rapunzel it doesn't," you laughed slightly, "but for all I know he could be one." You looked at Freckles.

"I can assure you, I'm not," he said coldly, his gaze fixed on the Princess. Odd. He wasn't like this before.

"Sorry to leave, but I have to make my speech!" Rapunzel yelped, and rushed over to the stage, where Eugene was waiting for her. You laughed a little bit.

"So naïve," you giggled, and looked at Freckles, who had seemed to relax a little bit.

"Hey, what was that?" You asked, nudging him slightly.

"Nothing," he said quickly.

"How about we watch the Princess's speech?" He said, holding his hand out to you, bowing slightly, although his head was fixed permanently on Rapunzel.

You hesitated, before taking his hand.

"Sure."