I hate Hue, I love Hue

WARNING: Angst

This is basically the Soulmate AU that when you touch your soulmate you see colour... so I put a little spin on it

———————————————

"Stop fretting, you're making this so much harder than it has to be," the large figure boomed as they put a rag over your mouth. You scratched at the leather gloves that bound your wrists. Your arms grew tired and eventually, your vision faded completely as you lost consciousness, falling into your kidnapper.

-----------------------------------------------

You stirred, your eyes blurred and heavy from being drugged. Your vision swam and your head hurt like hell, so naturally you tried to bring your hands up to your head. But... you couldn't.

As soon as you tried you felt a great pull on your wrists as they were yanked back down to your lap. Yo-what? You looked down, vision unclear, at the metal cuffs bounding you to the harsh stone floor. You pulled again, this time harder, and yelped as a sharp pain shot through your hand. Your breath quickened as you looked around. It was dark, the only light from a window in the corner, and various glowing beakers around the sides. A large tarp covered statue was in the middle of the room, and over in the corner was a desk... a desk with a boy leaning on it. You spat the gag out of your mouth.

"Hey!" You yelled at your captor, who jerked his head slightly, but other than that, completely ignored you.

"HEY!" You yelled louder, this time making him turn to you.

You couldn't see much in the low light, but from what you could see he was skinny, with dark hair and dark clothes. It was hard to tell, even then, because everything you saw, you saw in black and white, and so it would be until you met your soulmate. But you were getting off track.

He walked towards you, his gloved hands intertwined with each other as he stopped about a metre away, his leg cocked out as he leant fully on the other one. He looked, tired? Annoyed? Like you were just a small inconvenience.

"Princess, if you wouldn't mind, I'm trying to work, so shut your damn mouth," he spat, and pulled your gag forcefully back into your mouth. You glared at him, but he didn't look fazed, considering he started to walk back over to his table. You spat the gag back out.

"Why did you take me, w-why am I here?" you asked frantically, trying to sound confident. The boy laughed.

"What, no pleads for escape?" he smirked. You glared at him, and he shrugged.

"I can respect that. Alright then, I'll throw you a ball," he said, plopping down crosslegged in front of you. Right, in front of you. He jabbed his finger at your chest.

"You, dear princess, are here to lure your sister to me. I need her hair for something very special, and what better way to get her here than to kidnap her little sister?" He smiled falsely, his hands pressed together, mocking you.

"You are Varian, I presume," you spat, your words the strongest acid in a room full of corrosive chemicals. He laughed a little.

"My reputation proceeds me," he teased, toying with you. You rolled your eyes.

"Oh?" You said, regaining your posture, "I only know the coward that stole the Sundrop and attacked the kingdom with your beast." Varian's eyes shone dangerously, their light grey tone flashing white.

"Coward? I'm trying to save my dad!" He shouted, then regained himself, as the faint sound of a trapdoor opening rung in the distance.

"It seems, princess, that the only coward here is your sister, and...," he looked over his shoulder, "your father it seems too! Oh good, this is going to be fun," he joked quietly, holding his rag over your mouth to silence you. Oh great, you thought, as you fell back into unconsciousness.

-----------------------------------------------------

"I can't make any promises, princess," Varian smirked, his goggles on, his eyes on your sisters glowing hair. You shook your head to regain your vision, and saw your sister and father standing over by the wall, your father stuck in some kind of sticky matter, because he wasn't moving, and Rapunzel was in danger. You spat out your gag, again.

"DAD!" You screeched, your voice breaking and your wrists hurting as you strained to get to him. He looked over.

"(Y/N)!" King Frederick yelled, moving to go to you, but faulting when his feet moved nowhere. You held back a sob. A sound whirred and you snapped your head around to where your sister lay, shouting in pain, and Varian manning a machine that was attempting to drill into some kind of amber.

The amber, you remembered. Yes, inside you could clearly see him, frozen, and the sight made you queasy. You gulped back your bile and turned to your dad. He stared in shock at Rapunzel, her hair straining, the magic in her hair fading... with her. Rapunzel was dying.

"Dad," you said quietly, and your father turned towards you, tears in his eyes at the scene in front of you. Varian wasn't going to stop.

You pointed at his sword, and then at your chains. Your father nodded grimly, with an expression of dread at losing both of his children. He drew his sword and slid it across the ground. Varian didn't even notice, he was too busy yelling at the machine, the machine that wasn't working. The machine that was draining your sister of her life. You brought the sword up over your chains.

CLANG! They dropped to the floor. You rose shaky, and focused your sights on your sister, and on Varian. You ran at him, dropping the sword, and pushed him away from the machine, which immediately stopped. Varian clattered down somewhere over in the corner, a yell escaping his mouth. He was hurt. Good.

You rushed over to Rapunzel, who was leant over in pain, clutching her head, tears streaming from her eyes. Blood trickled out of the corner of her mouth as she retched, clutching her stomach. You comforted her, rubbing her back as she sobbed.

"(Y/N) LOOK OUT!"

You swung round and immediately felt a sharp pain pierce your chest. The world slowed as you grabbed hold of Varians wrist, attached to the knife he had just plunged into your stomach. You looked up at him in shock, and then smiled, reaching out with your other arm. You supposed you were delirious with pain.

"Your eyes are blue," you said weakly. Varians eyes widened, and he let go of the knife, his hands rising to his mouth.

"And yours are (E/C)," he said through his fingers, tears forming in his eyes.

You looked at your sister, still smiling.

"Look after him," you asked. She nodded, pulling Varian close to her. He didn't object, and buried his head in her dress, sobbing the words 'I'm sorry' over and over again. You smiled at them both, and at your dad, before closing your eyes.

And everything went dark, the cries of your soulmate fading as you slipped away. Blue, you remembered. It was such a pretty colour.