I growled lowly, trying to keep Xavier calm. "Do you know what you're doing here?"

"Our... Alpha... wanted something. I overheard him talking to his beta that he was after something in this pack in general. Probably someone he wants."

"Do you have any knowledge as to who he wants?" Adam asked.

He shook his head. "I'm lucky I know that much. It was right after lunch, and that means that the drugs would start kicking in."

"And that's my cue," Paige said when he looked down again. "I've been following this pack for a while, knowing that Tobias was here. While I was doing so, I did understand what they want. This... Alpha wants power. He's gone a little whacko upstairs."

"So how does he plan to get this power?" Adam asked. She then looked at me, her face falling a little.

"He wants Amber as his mate."

And with that, Xavier was in control.

~*~

It took a while to say the least to get me to calm down. Well, Xavier to calm down. Personally, I saw what was going on, and was keeping a level head. Sure, I didn't like the idea of Amber being taken. Hell, I was almost as mad as Xavier. The only reason I wasn't was because I knew she was still safe in the pack-house. He was a different story. She wasn't right here to calm him, nor was she in his sights to assure she was safe, therefore it made him extremely worried and overprotective.

After a few broken jaws and ribs along the group of us, I was finally standing upright and fairly stable in the cell with Jack and Adam having a firm hand on my shoulders for precaution. Luckily, our bruises would heal before we made it to the house, and our bones a few short moments later. One of the many advantages of being a Werewolf. This disadvantage? Having a very feral and overprotective side of you. Like Xavier.

"Alex," Jack said hesitantly. "Do you think you can make it back to the pack-house without shifting on us?"

I growled lowly. "Yes."

Everyone let out a small sigh of relief.

"Amber had better be right inside. If she's not, I can't even predict what Xavier might do."

Adam nodded. "I promise she will be in there. Now let's go tell the others, and get you to her before I have another broken rib," he growled.

I muttered a brief apology.

He shook his head, and let me up off the couch. We walked back to the pack-house, and it took everything I had to not shift. The same sentence kept replaying in my head, making Xavier very pissed. If there is one thing I've learned while being a Werewolf it's that you shouldn't mess with the mate of another. Especially if they're an Alpha like my self.

"Don't worry," Jack began, walking next to me. "Nothing is going to happen, and nobody is going to hurt your mate."

I felt a small growl leave my throat.

Jack laughed a little. "You think you're bad now? Just wait until you're made Alpha."

"It's worse?"

He nodded. "Much."

"You're shitting me, right?"

"Nope."

I swear I'll inject silver into me to get him to quiet down. Even if it doesn't work on me, it may work to subdue his savage ass.

The minute I stepped through the door, I walked right to Amber; her and Sierra making their way to Jack and me.