He stuck his tongue out at me before hopping off the chair.

"Let's go." He commanded grabbing my hand and pulling me to the doors.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"For a walk. I want to show you this field that I found."

I nodded and we closed the for and were now making our way into the forest.

All of the sudden, we heard a bang and a bullet went into the tree next to us.

Alex and I both yelped and wet quickly turned around to see my dad holding a gun.

"Sorry. The trigger slipped." He 'apologized'.

"Ya. Slipped my ass." Alex growled pulling me along. "Your dad really does want to shoot me."

"Well, you shouldn't have mentioned that we were fully mated in front of him." I shrugged. "It's your own fault."

"Yeah, yeah." He mumbled

~*~

"Close your eyes," Alex said putting his hands over my eyes.

"Ah!" I said almost tripping over a log.

"Sorry." He chuckled.

"I bet you are," I growled.

"Don't growl at me." He teased.

"Too late."

"Whatever."

We walked for a couple more minutes before I heard the sound of water and I felt us stop.

He slowly uncovered my eyes and when my vision adjusted to the sunlight, I gasped.

"Oh wow," I said.

"Pretty right?" He smiled.

"It's gorgeous!" I yelled excitedly running to the little stream. It had a small waterfall made from the rocks.

"Glad you like." He smiled walking up to me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"How did you find this place? I've been here a lot longer than you have and I've never seen this field before." I said amazed as I looked around.

I felt him shrug. "I don't really know. I was walking around and I got lost and I sorta just found it I guess."

I laughed at him. "You are such a dork."

"That may be true. But you love me."

"Look at that lovely tree," I said trying to walk away.

But of course, he wouldn't let me.

He held onto me tighter. "Tell me you love me."

"Fine." I huffed. "I love you."

"What was that babe. I couldn't quite hear you." He said cupping his ear.

"I love you," I mumbled.

"Huh?" He asked smirking.

That little...

"I love you." I playfully growled.

He turned me around in his arms and crushed me into a hug.

"Aw! I love you too honey buns!" He gushed.

I cringed at the pet name. "I hate that name. And I'm a girl."

"The girl's right." A deep voice chuckled.

Alex turned around and put me behind him. 

Standing in front of us were the rogues.  Unlike our last encounter with the rogues, it was clear that Xavier was backing Alex up with full force. If he wasn't my mate I may have winced at the sudden wave of power that erupted from him. Yet even that couldn't draw my attention away from the stench that they had wafting around them. I pinched my nose because of the smell.

"You guys just smell really bad," I said, trying not to breathe too heavily through my mouth.

They growled at me and I laughed.

They didn't say anything else as they shifted.

Well looks like they want to get right to the chase.

I watched as Alex shifted and tackled one. As he was fighting that one, another one lunged at him. I didn't waste any time as I shifted and tackled that one. I heard a howl of pain as Alex bit the rogue's neck before it's neck snapped and it went limp. I turned to the one I had pinned and bit his shoulder.

I aimed for the neck, but he was moving around so much, I got his shoulder instead. He pushed me off and was about to jump at me, but Alex tackled it. We both faced the other rogue when he finished killing that one. It growled at us and Alex and I growled back.

We were about to run at each other, but before we could, a gray wolf jumped out and snapped its neck in nearly the same manner that Alex had done to the first. Alex growled at it and the newcomer had simply narrowed its eyes. It didn't move to attack us and we didn't want to be the first to attack it. Yet something was throwing me off

Its scent seems familiar somehow.

All three of us just stood there and watched each other. After what felt like hours, we decided to change back. I came over fully clothed and Alex came out only wearing a pair of shorts.

The gray wolf came out and it was a girl.

She was gorgeous.

Despite her ruffled look, her hair naturally cascaded in dark brown waves, and her eyes seemed to glow sharply, her wolf still close to the surface. Her facial features were soft yet matured, a hardened look but almost one of caring. Her lightly tanned skin contained what looked to be minor scars here and there, but they seemed to almost compliment her toned body that looked lithe and agile. She was the type that men would drop to their knees over. 

I instantly felt jealous because she was so much prettier than me, and she wouldn't take her eyes off of Alex.

I cleared my throat and stood next to him intertwining our fingers together as I held his hand. I looked up at Alex.

Alex looked confused before his eyes widen in sick and disbelief.

"Hello, Alex." The gorgeous girl said, smirking at his baffled gaze.

"Who's that?" I asked him.

"M-my sister," Alex said shocked.

Wait, what!?

--------------

Keep up with the comments :)

Love you my faithful shifters :)

-Austin