iv: amnesia {luke hemmings}

• Dedicated to my babes aka 5sos

little something I wrote based off of one of my favorite songs called 'amnesia'. the lyric video is on the side so ya can listen to it. (that video makes me cry oops.) the couple luke (he's the one with the lip piercing in the video) and jaycee are in my story on my other account. anyways, hope you all like the video and song cause I know I do! (my boyfriend is the one with the bandana in the video back off ladies.) enjoy! :) xxx

"I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted."

        "Okay, okay, stop laughing at me!" Jaycee was doubled over, nearly falling on her face into the sand. Luke was laughing at her silly antics, which increased by tenfold when she was drunk. "I'm trying to be serious now, hear me out."

        Her dark hair was windswept and her cherry lips were constantly taking swigs of beer. It was late and he could hear the waves crashing against the shore as they sat in the sand. Whenever he had a free night and she was up for drinking, they would come here, get wasted, and sleep in his car before driving back in the morning.

        "Serious time." Luke faced her, sipping his beer and urging for her to continue.

        Jaycee giggled again, her sky blue eyes twinkling. "I love you!" she slurred, pressing a drunken kiss to his lips.

"I thought about our last kiss, how it felt, the way you tasted."

        "I'm sorry," Jaycee was choking out, her bag slung over her shoulder. "I'm so sorry."

        Luke tried to beg her to stay; why didn't she stay? Why was she leaving?

        She leaned over, pressing one last kiss to his lips. Her lips were soft, as they always were, yet there was some kind of bittersweet feeling to it. Her lips, like always, tasted of that damn lip gloss she always insisted on wearing. It tasted like strawberries and some different fruit you would find in a smoothie.

        If she was leaving, why would she kiss him? To break his heart all over again?

"And even though your friends tell me you're doing fine

Are you somewhere feeling lonely even though he's right beside you?

When he says the words that hurt you, do you read the ones I wrote you?"

        "She's doing fine, Luke," Jaycee's friend Abby said. "Well, more than fine, I guess."

        It'd been months and Luke still felt like it was yesterday. When he didn't reply, Abby said, wished him well, and left. He was still caught up in his own thoughts, which had been haunting him since Jaycee left.

        Was she lonely even though she had someone new? If Luke felt this lonely, then she must've felt something. Maybe he would say words that hurt her, because she was sensitive. Did she ever read the letters that Luke had given to Abby to give to her? Did she read the letters like he read the notes she used to leave him?

"Sometimes I start to wonder, was it just a lie?

If what we had was real, how could you be fine?

Cause I'm not fine at all."

        Luke was crying. Again.

        It'd been nearly three weeks since Jaycee left and he still was so broken over it. It was like he was stuck in the same damn system; sleep, cry, eat, cry, drink, cry, sleep, repeat.