"You damn right. My job is to protect you not put you in harms way. Kris would kill me, than you would never see my handsome face again." I scoff as he shift gears and pulls off.

"Please nigga. Kris is not about that life and if you would of offed me, I'd be dead before I'd even get to see what would happen to you." I sigh while crossing my hands over my chest.

"So you agree that I'm handsome then?" Buddha questions while licking his lips.

"That never came out my mouth." I chuckle at his sly comment.

"You didn't say I was ugly either." He laughs. I couldn't lie and say that he wasn't attractive, because he is. He was definitely my type. Tall, dark, handsome and medium built. When we first met, I use to have a huge crush on him because he was in my face all day every day. We couldn't date of course because he worked for my father. He was ordered to be my body guard which he still is although he's working for my sister now. Me crushing over him has long gone, because it was something that wouldn't happen. Buddha and I still have a good friendship though.

"Cocky much?" I question with a smirk.

"No, I'm more thankful than anything." He chuckles, gripping the plywood of the steering wheel with one hand.

"You're welcome." I mumble, turning my attention out of the window. After a forty-five minute drive, we arrive to my apartment building out in Brooklyn. My keys are already in my hand because all I wanted to do was take a shower and go to bed. Buddha reaches back for my bag from the backseat and hands it to me. I get out and close the door, traveling up the steps to the entrance. I enter the key in the knob and twist it. The door opens and I enter, turning around to close the door. I witness Buddha slowly drive off so I head up the steps to my apartment. When I get to the door, I roll my eyes to loud music coming from it. Tristan was definitely home which doesn't even surprise me. He's always here. I enter the place and close the door with a screw face.

A guy who I don't know closes the fridge with his foot

A guy who I don't know closes the fridge with his foot. He has a bag of chips dangling between his feet with his arms and hands full of food and liquor. He nods his head in greeting and leaves out the kitchen down the hall. When Tristan's door opens, the music blasts and then drowns out through muffles once it closes. I travel up stairs to my room and shut the door, locking it. As much as I wanted to take a shower in peace, I can't. Tristan has company over and I don't need none of his bitches or niggas seeing me naked. You think I'd be use to that with being a stripper and all but I'm not. I've only been working at Aces for six months and I'm planning on quitting soon. Once I get another job and save up to leave this apartment of course. I'm in a lot of debt and I'll be paying it off for a while. I could stop all of this bullshit and run back to my sister, but I refuse to bitch out. My father didn't raise a bitch. I hang up my coat and take off my hat, placing it in the sleeve. I step out of my Timb's and place them up against the wall with the rest of my sneaks. I change into something more comfortable, hearing a knock at the door. I go to open it and reveal Tristan.