Chapter 1

Dear diary,

  Am Bailey Jackson and this is the first day am writing in you! I will call you my best friend because a best friend is really what I need now. You know why? I will tell you later.

Well... am fourteen years of age, am tall, fair in complexion and very beautiful! I guess. I moved to Texas here in London last month with my mom all the way from Nigeria. Call her Mrs. Ella 'Jackson!'. And let me tell you about her while I move to dad. She's in her early 30's, I just guess!. She's tall or should I say average? And she's too beautiful. Lol! She works in the hospital as a pharmacist. Guess you need to know about my dad! Call him 'Mr. Jones Jackson'. He brought us here to London since he's a citizen; even mom is a citizen too, so am I. And he left for another country where he works. Doesn't that sound crazy??

He's very tall! Like I mean it! He's handsome. Did I tell you that am the only child? Yeah! Am the only child...My mother wouldn't explain to me why! I need a kid sister, so I always tell her and she laughs as if I cracked a joke. You know what? Tomorrow is my first day at mount olive high-school and I wonder what it will be like being there. I really miss my old school in Lagos Nigeria especially my best friend named Damilola but Lola for short.

Any ways, am here in Texas and I have to let go of my old life and begin a new one just like 2corin. 5:7 says. Well...dinner took time today. I and mom finished and I went to my bedroom painted pink to arrange my school stuffs and what I will wear to school the next day. After, I prayed with mom and went to sleep.

Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!

"Come in" I said. It was mom knocking on my door. I checked the time and saw that it was five minutes pass seven. I was really still feeling sleepy and I went back to sleep. "Mom banged in and hit me hard, common will you get up and dress up?" she ordered. "I thought you will be happy to go to school?" she said angrily "Good morning mom! Sorry but I was feeling sleepy!". "How was your night Bae?" she asked gently this time around. "So get dressed and come have breakfast" mom said. And always remember that time is money. She said and left my room.

I got up from bed, ran into the bathroom and started brushing my teeth and then ran into the shower room to have my bath. After, I came to my room and dressed up in a pink top and blue jean trousers with my jean face cap and an all-star canvas. I quickly ran out of my room and went to the dining table only to see my breakfast already set. I gave my mom a peck and told her she's the best she smiled and said she had a surprise for me. So I finished eating and was about to leave forgetting the surprise she talked about. "Bae, wait!" she said. She brought out something from her apron pocket. It was a bracelet. "My mom gave this to me my first day at a high-school. It means good luck". She said. "Thanks mom" I said giving her a hug. "Hope it brings good luck? Because High-school is not a place where things go your own way" I thought to myself. "Bye mom" I said as I ran out.

Don't be confused, I told you it's my first day right? And you are wondering if I know my way. Dad showed me around the day he applied, so I know my way. Running out, I mistakenly hit a girl and her books fell down. "Oh! Sorry.....am sorry I didn't mean to hit you down" I said to her. "Its okay" she replied "Bye!" I said attempting to run and the girl wearing an Olive-green top, black skirt and black sneakers with her lovely curly hair said "Excuse me please" "Mm-hu, how may I help you" I asked. "Am Matilda Morris and am looking for a school named "Mount Olive High-school..., my dad was suppose to drop me but he had to go for a job interview so he said I should get going and ask for help on my way and........." "Am going to the same school too and today is also my first day there" I said fast stopping her from her long explanation to save time. "Oh...Ok, what's your name? She asked me and I said "Am Bailey Jackson but my mom calls me "Bae" meaning Best Among Everyone else."Ok" she said. "Let's get going" I said to her. "Hope you have all your school data?" I asked her. "Yes it was sent to me on my phone yesterday" She said as we continued our journey to Mount Olive.

  Hey dear readers,

               I'll like to thank everyone that Supported me in my last book, my wish for you is that your wish come true. Thanks a lot..without your support, I wouldn't have been in my second book, so thanks a lot. Also, I please need you all to keep up the good work..

Don't forget to vote and comment

Keep reading..........