Last Chapters:::(BOOK 3) Chapter 33 - One boy, a thousand feelings - 4

Start from the beginning

“For me?” He asked smiling. Ming nodded proud of the reaction she had gotten.

“It’s for you, to give to me.” Sam watched Ming carefully still smiling. He looked at up at me with a forced grin, I knew he couldn’t’t believe the cheekiness of her either. “It’s the sign you have on you tootoo,” That was how Ming attempted to say ‘tattoo’, “So we can be like twins” She announced proudly. Sam nodded agreeing with her. She turned around ready for her own gift to be given to her. Sam moved her hair that was in a low ponytail to the side and placed the pendant around her neck. “See!” She shouted when he was done.

From the way that Sam interacted with Ming I knew he would be an amazing Dad. Sam was definitely her favourite, he always whispered things that made her laugh, always knew what sweet she wanted before she asked for it and always ready to take her to the zoo or aquarium. As Sam was crouching next to her, she was able to pull down his crew-neck jumper exposing his tattoo. The tattoo he had gotten last year when he proposed to Katy. It was a medium sized infinity sign that spelt ‘Katy’ over his heart.

With one hand, Ming held the tattoo under her palm and her necklace with her other hand. “It means forever?” She nodded answering her own question.

“Forever and ever Ming.” He answered as he kissed her on the cheek.

***

It was the second to last wedding rehearsal before the wedding. This time, more of the people who took an active part in the wedding were able to come, therefore it was running a lot longer. Ming, who was the flower girl, fiddled on my lap trying to get comfortable. She was beginning to frustrate me as she had been 'trying to comfortable' for the past hour.

The weather was a lot better today, the sun had showed its face the whole day without a cloud in site. I fanned my face ready to have Ming off my lap. It was too hot to feel someone else's body heat in you lap, but Ming insisted on it. As it was a hotter day, we were able to have the rehearsal in the castle gardens, where the ceremony was actually going to be held.

Ming and I sat at the last row waiting for Evelyn to announce that it was her turn.

Ming and I sat at the very last row in the castle gardens.

“Ming!” Ming jumped up from my lap and I let out a sigh of relief. This summer dress was not short or light enough to keep me cool.

I watched Ming as she took a deep breath in. Jim had said that she hadn’t stopped practicing whilst they were in China. She picked up the basket of rose petals that was on the empty chair next to us. She stood at the end of walk-way. She started to walk down the aisle and threw the flowers at a steady pace. The ‘flowers’ were only paper cut outs as it was only rehearsals. Ming reached the end and took a seat at the front. She waved at Sam who was already standing at the altar.

“Bridesmaids and Groomsmen!” Evelyn barked like an Army General.

I stood up from my seat. Melvin and Louise walked in. They walked down the aisle, followed by Hannah and Tony, and Jim and Courtney. I stood up as Omari walked in. I met him at the beginning of the isle. I gave him a short smile sliding my arm into his. We walked down the aisle then separated to opposite ends of the altar. Katy followed behind with her Dad.

Evelyn did a quick run through of the ceremony before ushering us where the reception would be. The reception was taking place in the ballroom hall inside the Castle. The room was not set up yet as there were still two weeks but Evelyn talked us through the dance area, the open bar and the seating area.