chapter one

jupiter - 3rd september 2018

"you look fuckin cool," i squealed at the man in front of me.

"you look even better j, wait 'til you see," he grinned, pulling me towards the bathroom mirror.

we closed our eyes.

"on the count of three, we look. okay?" i said nervously.

"1," he said.

"2," i said.

"3!" we said in unison.

we stared at the reflection in the mirror.

"sickkkk," the man next to me said happily

"we look fuckin' great mars," i smiled.

i ran my fingers through my new, green hair. matty copied me.

"should probably get a bath now," i signed, twisting the stiff hot tap. i didn't bother to wait for it to fill, i just stripped off my underwear and hopped in. matty copied me again and sat next to me, our lanky legs dangling over the edge.

"we need some music," he declared and jumped out. he dashed downstairs, stark-bollock naked and grabbed his phone.

arctic monkeys was obviously the first song played; we lived and breathed for them. i laughed as i sat and watched matty leap across the cold tiles, before plunging back in the bath.

"oH tHe BoYS a sLaG," i sang loudly, pretending to play six different instruments at once.

"the best you ever had," matty sung.

he always had such a beautiful voice, the type that you could literally fall asleep to. he'd never admit it but i could never stress it enough.

we ended the song with a lot of dancing, and most the water was now on the floor.

"shall we get out now?" i ask, considering we were both freezing and mattys phone had died from all the music we had played.

"we shall," he replied and heaved himself up before offering me his hand. i took it, and stepped out. we didn't even have a towel so we just walked straight to my room. good job the carpets are old.

you're probably thinking we live together but we don't. matty actually has a great big house just down the road. he likes my flat though. 'it's homely' he says. i like his company. he's my best best best best best friend in the whole world.

i threw him a off-pink towel and he wrapped it round his waist like a skirt.

mattys actually a very beautiful human, looks and personality. i've always thought it, i tell him too, sometimes.

i sneakily picked up my phone. "mars! oh my god quick!" i said, making my voice sound scared.

"j? what's wrong?" he yelled, rushing in the room. i snapped a photo.

"oh nuffin. you look pretty," i grinned and showed him the photo.

his green hair and pink towel look perfect together. his big eyes and the expression on his face look perfect. i think matty is just perfect in general to be honest.

"fanks bubs," he smirked, while i pulled on some orange underwear.

"welcome," i smiled, and pecked his cheek as i walked past him. "hey, mars? can i post a photo?"

"do whatever you want," he replied. "teen girls are gonna go fuckin wild."

i laughed. mattys band, the 1975, are pretty big now. even through all the newfound fame, me and matty have stayed as close as close. we've ignored the dating rumours and i've ignored the hate.

we had both racked up the instagram followers, him because of his music and i model from time to time. i think most of my followers are the bands fan pages but oh well.

45K LIKES | 44K COMMEMTS

@jupiter we did a fing

tagged trumanblack