Chapter 11

Dylan's pov
Jackson has been distant from me. Every time I tried to talk to him, he'd push me away. I don't blame him, this is too much to process, not just for him, but for me as well. If our parents do get married, we can't be together, we can't have the life that we've always wanted. I'd have to love him like a brother. The wedding is in 4 months. Which means I have 4 months to stop it before I lose the love of my life, completely.

I came home from school, terrified to walk through that door. As I opened the door, nobody was home. I walked around, all these thoughts in my head.
"You do realize you have to break up with Jackson right?" My dad said with a joyful look on his face.
"You don't think I know that? Dad, please don't make me do it. I can't love him like a brother, you know that" I felt tears threatening to spill.
"Once his mother and I get married, you two are going to be brothers, you will love him like a brother" I stood there, wanting to reply.
"Brothers don't kiss each other, brothers don't go on dates, brothers don't hold hands, brothers don't say I love you in a romantic way, brothers don't have kids, brothers don't get married, brothers don't have sex"
"JUST SHUT UP!" I cried. I've never screamed at my dad before. We both stood there with a shock on each other's faces.
"Don't you dare scream at ME!" My Dad ran towards me and pinned me against the wall, with his hand around my neck. I couldn't breathe at all.
"You will not scream at your father like that, you hear me!" He saw the fear in my eyes and took that as a yes. He let me go. As I catched my breath, I began to speak.
"Why her?"
"Because she has millions and millions and millions of money. The Krecioch's have always had so much money. As we become part of that family, I will take away all that money from them, and leave them helpless."
"What kind of a monster are you? I love Jackson, my love for him doesn't involve his money. I care for him, I will never let him go. Jennifer doesn't deserve you. She is such a wonderful woman, but you can't see that because all you want is her money!" My Dad kept quiet. He knows it's true.
"How do you think mom will feel about this?
"Don't you dare bring your mother into this!"
"If you hadn't killed her, she would still be alive. Jackson and I would still have our life together. Mom will always tell me to follow my heart!"
"I killed your mother for a reason!"
"And what was that reason? She chose me over you? That choice caused her death! But of course you didn't want to go to jail, so you said she died in her sleep! Dad, I loved mom so much! You took her away from me! You took the only person that actually cared for me! You took away the person I looked up to! And I swear to god, I will destroy this wedding!" I yelled as I ran towards the door heading out running to a place my mom used to take me when I was little. A little park that had a pond, a playground, and a bench.