One Shot Winner [Ashton]

By: dreamcatcher157

**********

I walked down the desolate streets at night, the rhythmic tap tap tapping of my cane echoing around me.

I wondered what stores I was passing. I wondered if there was anyone around me that would be interesting. I wondered if any of them realized I was blind. But, alas, I would never know.

As I got to the familiar streetcorner I felt my cane tap Something in front of me.

"I'm sorry, excuse me." I murmured, just in case it was a person. As I went to turn the corner, my foot caught on the curb, sending me to the ground.

"Owwww." I exclaimed. I had thrown my hands out in front of me to block my face from hitting the ground, and the concrete had scraped along my palms harshly.

I felt heat pool in my cheeks, but ignored it as I stood, searching for my cane with my feet.

"Hey, is this yours?" I heard someone, a guy, say with a strange accent.

I didn't know if he was talking to me, so I just nodded my head, hoping I didn't look like an idiot.

I felt a warm hand grabbed my own, and the guy brought my hand to the top of my cane, where I gripped it soundly.

"Thanks?" I said, but it came out more like a question.

"No problem. My name is Ashton, what's yours?" He asked in a friendly tone.

My mouth nearly fell open. Why was he still talking to me? Why hadn't he run away yet?

"I I'm Ashlin." I choked out, nervous.

"Well, it looks like we have matching names. So, Miss Ashlyn, may I walk you home? "

"I don't need your pity." I said, trying to keep my voice from shaking.

"Who said anything about Pitty? I was just offering to walk a pretty girl home." He said like it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Offering to walk a pretty blind girl home." I said, my head down.

"No, offering to walk a pretty girl home. It doesn't matter that she's blind."

I felt a smile tug at my lips as I lifted my head up.

"Well then Mr., Ashton, I think it's time we walk home."

When we reached my house, I felt him gently pull on my hand, and I turned to face him.

"I've had a good time talking to you, and I'd like to see you again. Maybe go out for movies or something." He said, his voice shy.

"That would be nice." I murmured, probably grinning from ear to ear.

Then, I reached up, wrapping my arms about his neck, and kissed him, on the nose.

I giggled, blushing. "Oopse, missed your mouth."

He laughed with me, putting his hands on either side of my face, he made sure that I kissed him, on the lips this time.

*************

This is SUper Cute!!

Comment Something Nice ;)