7

WARNING: may need tissues....

this chappy is gunna be intense
_______________________________

Juvia was still unconscious. Gray's eyes were puffy and red. Team Natsu plus Wendy and Levy came to see Juvia.

They all looked at her with sad faces. Then they saw Gray.

"Gray, what did you do this time?!" Erza demanded. "I... I.." Gray couldn't continue. His sobs got the better of him. "Kiana and Lyon told us what happened, but we want to know why you continued" Lucy explained and Natsu nodded.

"You can't beat up a girl. That's just wrong man" Natsu shook his head at Gray.

"G-Gomen. I... I don't know what *sniff* happened myself." Gray sniffled as the tears rolled down. "Gray, we know what happened and it isn't your fault" Wendy said, trying to cheer up her guild mate.

"Yes, Yes, *sniff* it is. I hurt Juvia after Kiana turned off the spell. I did this. I ruined her.." Gray began to cry loudly, and he out his head on Juvia. Happy patted his shoulder. "I'm sure she will wake up" Happy said assuringly.

"What makes you say that?" Gray snapped. "What if she's going to be like this forever? What if she dies? What if she is.... d-"

Gray was interrupted by a slap. "Don't you dare say she's dead." Natsu demanded. "If you love her, you should be saying and hoping that she isn't dead Ice Princess." Natsu said, crossing his arms.

"You-You're right, Flame Brain. Thanks" Gray looked at him, then at Juvia. His head went to her ear.

"Juvia, I know you're stronger than this. Wake up, please. Come back to us." Gray whispered. Juvia squirmed a little, but not one eye opened nor a word came from her mouth.

"She moved, that means she's still alive" Levy said for the first time they arrived.

"I've already tried to heal her, but I think it's because she's made of water that I can't heal her." Wendy looked down, feeling useless. "You did what you can, Wendy" Lucy patted her back.

"I think we should let Juvia rest for now" Erza said and turned to the door. Everyone else followed and exited the hospital room.

Gray sat there, next to Juvia and squeezing her hand. "Why am I hurting you so much? From the time I drove you out, then now. How can I hurt you emotionally and physically? You even found out that I was faking everything to bring you back... How stupid can I be?" Gray scolded at himself quietly.

He continued to sob quietly, not knowing how much he hurt his friend, and only lover.

The next few days were the same. People came to check on Juvia and Gray stayed there the whole time.

They put in flowers all around Juvia, but they withered in a days reach.

******

Saturday, two weeks from then, Gray was still there, dirty and crying. The only sound in the room was Gray's sobbing and Juvia's heart monitor.

It was noon, a rainy day for a Saturday. Gray continued staring at Juvia's pale face, only listening to Juvia's heart rate.

Then it was quiet.

Gray hadn't noticed until a few seconds later. He looked at the monitor.

Flat.

He blinked his eyes and looked again.

Flat.

Gray rubbed his eyes and shook his head, making sure this isn't an illusion.

Still flat.

Gray's ear immediately went to her heart.

No thump.

The paramedics barged in and told Gray to get away.

"Clear" One paramedic said and tried to shock her heart awake.

They tried and tried, but nothing worked.

Gray stared at them, defeated. His tears flowed out more. He couldn't take the fact that she's....

dead.

He ran out the hospital, running in the rain, his hair soaked. "Juvia!" He yelled at the rain.

Gray eventually arrived at the guild. He bursted through the doors and caught everyone's attention.

"She's... gone" He mumbled. Only Natsu, Gajeel, and Wendy had shocked faces. "No, she can't be!" Gajeel yelled furiously and Levy tried to calm him down.

"She can't be dead!" He yelled and everyone gasped, crying. "What?!" James sat down, taking in the information.

"She can't be!" James ran out the guild and Gray chased after him. They ran to the hospital and bursted through the doors to Juvia's room.

She still laid there, motionless and pale. "Onee-chan..." James touched her face, and sobbed his eyes out. Gray couldn't help but feel incredibly guilty. "James..." Gray put a hand on his shoulder, but he swatted it away.

"Don't touch me bastard!" James exclaimed. Gray took a step back, not expecting that to happen. "This is your fault that Onee-chan died!" James continued.

"If only you didn't go on that date with Kiana, none of this would have ever happened! If only you didn't take that job. If only you knew Juvia better" James quieted down at the last part.

"If only..." James' tears strolled down and he sat down, looking at his hands.

A doctor came in and told them they were going to take her to the cemetery. But James wanted more time with his dead friend.

"James, I'm so sorry" Gray tried to apologize. "It's too late for that!" James yelled.

Gray stared at the lifeless Juvia. He has been crying over her for two weeks, feeling guilty. He never thought of the fact that he might love her.

James stood up, his bangs covering his eyes. "Gray, tell me..." He looked up at James.

"Do you love Juvia?" James blurted out.

"I-I don't know..." Gray confessed. "Then your love for her was fake? That date? That kiss? It was all fake? She died for nothing?!" James got infuriated again.

Gray hesitated to respond.

"It was all because you felt guilty?" James scolded at him. "You're disgusting as a lover Gray." James said and left the room, tears still streaming down.

Gray hasn't ever thought of what happened when Juvia found out that he faked it.

But it was a mistake. His heart ached, but he thinks it's guilt. What lurks in his heart is love.

But Gray didn't realize the butterflies in his stomach when they kissed. The hot feeling in his face when she smiled.

The way she moved his heart.

Gray thought his heart was ice cold. But Juvia has melted the forever frozen ice.

Gray looked at Juvia, finally realizing what he really felt. This ache in his heart for one more kiss. The way he wanted to pick her up and run out of this hospital.

He wanted her. He loved her.