"Clair, you wanted to battle him to prove the entity's words wrong. However, you lost the battle, just as the entity predicted, and for that, you must be honourable and accept your defeat," the Elder spoke.

"But—"

A man burst into the room, worry and exhaustion written all over his face.

"Elder! Someone has broken into the Dragon's Den!"

Everyone turned to the trembling, anguished man who dropped to the floor before Clair rushed over to him with Dragonite.

"Dragon's Den...?" I muttered in confusion, turning to Silver for answers. He turned to me and shook his head, lifting his body and heading towards me, with Feraligatr behind him. We stared at the Dragon Elder who instantly dashed out of the Gym.

After Clair returned her Dragonite, she also proceeded to rush out the doors but stopped to turn towards us.

"Lyra, Silver, come with us! I have a feeling you two will be needed greatly," she informed us, before hastily exiting the gym.

We nodded towards each other and followed her out of the Gym. She brought us to a large body of water, bringing out Dragonair and heading over to the cave across the water. I realized that the cave had to be the Dragon's Den the man exclaimed.

Feraligatr jumped into the water, while I brought out Togekiss to help me. With Silver on Feraligatr's back and me on Togekiss's back, we followed Clair into the cave. Sneasel clutched onto Silver's shoulder as Feraligatr picked up his speed, while I continued to cradle Marill with one of my arms.

The cave itself was dark, but not to the point where we couldn't navigate through. However, we lost Clair, so Silver and I stayed together as we continued heading straight. Though the cave seemed like a maze, we were able to reach a larger area.

There were a lot of rocks peaking on the surface, but Silver tapped the side of my arm to show me the temple that was further south from here. I noticed some figures standing outside of the temple, with a few small blasts that erupted near the group of figures. Seeing this, Feraligatr and Togekiss brought us closer with a quickened speed.

Togekiss flapped her wings and hovered higher from the edges of the surface, soaring faster towards the group of people. Lyra spotted Clair, with her Dragonair out and fighting, battling against a group of men in black. When she looked carefully at their chest, she noticed the red 'R' in which she realized the culprits behind the cave's disturbance.

As Togekiss flew lower to where Clair stood, Lyra jumped off and proceeded to join her new partner in defeating the grunts.

"Marill, use Bubblebeam!" I exclaimed.

Marill's mouth glowed light blue as she fired multiple light blue bubbles from her mouth at the Zubats in the air. The attack managed to strike down a few, but then the other Pokémon—Golbat, Grimer, and Raticate—began attacking back. Dragonair and Marill were able to hold their ground for a bit until an explosion occurred to our right.

The left side of the temple was destroyed, where it revealed a familiar figure battling the Dragon Elder. His back was towards us, but I knew who he was—his green hair and his Team Rocket aura gave it all away. He commanded his evolved Crobat to attack the Elder's Gyarados, its powerful wind attacks knocking Gyarados off balance. 

Silver ran up and stood beside me, having Sneasel attack the Crobat with Metal Claws. It caught the Crobat off guard, in which Proton turned around and noticed Silver's presence. He hastily fiddled something in his pocket before commanding Crobat to attack Sneasel.

The other grunts who surrounded the building stepped forward to join Proton in the battle. Clair rushed by the Dragon Elder's side, ready to protect him with her Dragonair. I brought out Bayleef and stood behind Silver, battling the grunts as they all sent out their Pokémon.

~~♛~~

Silver~

It was all a trap.

I should've realized earlier when the Team Rocket grunts stood and battled the Elder. This place wasn't worth raiding, yet here they were. None of them stole anything, none of them bothered doing anything noteworthy until the actual people arrived.

"Sneasel, use Icy Shard!"

Sneasel began to glow with a white outline around his body, as light blue, multi-sided shards of ice appeared around him and thrown at the Crobat. However, the Crobat was very agile, as it managed to dodge most of the ice shards that were shot towards it. It hastily flew behind Sneasel and Proton commanded it to launch Air Cutter.

Crobat flapped its wings and creates a strong wind attack, taking in the form of light blue 'S' shaped energy, launching it at Sneasel.

Though Sneasel managed to dodge some of them, a few got too close which Sneasel covered his face with its claws, to block out most of the damage.

Feraligatr stepped forward, ready to protect Sneasel with his body. The red spikes on his head started to glow light red and he released a powerful blast of water from his mouth at Crobat. The bat Pokémon was startled at the massive force from the attack.

Proton clicked his teeth. "Darn it...!"

However, his eyes widened for a second; suddenly, he smirked. His hand reached down his pocket swiftly and took out a smoke bomb. I was stunned, but I knew exactly what he was about to do.

I turned around to seek Lyra, who stood metres away from me after battling each of the grunts.

"Lyra!" I tried to call out to her.

Before my voice reached her, before she turned around to face me, the smoke bomb was tossed between us and smoke began engulfing the air. I tried to keep my eyes opened, but the smoke was making it difficult. My arms raised and shielded my eyes from the smoke.

"Lyra, stay where you are! Togekiss, blow the smoke away! Hurry!" I exclaimed.

But as I was about to rush to Lyra's side, someone grabbed my left wrist—by Proton, most likely—I felt him gripping onto the bracelet, the object which kept Lyra and I together. It was nearly impossible to get rid of it—only the creator would know. However, when I heard faint metal sounds, I wasn't going to take any chances.

I struggled and tried to get them to release my wrist.

"Hurry... I have to hurry... Release, release..."

That voice... it wasn't Proton's...

"I can't let her die... not now... not again..."

My eyes widened by nostalgia, as my mind tried to process the tearful voice of the familiar man who firmly held my wrist. I couldn't believe what I had heard... that voice... By then, I stopped struggling, only to hear a faint 'click' sound and a large denotation that took place in front of me seconds after that.

~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~