However, the Elder shook his head in disagreement before turning to Silver.

"Your name... Silver... Ah, you must be the boy my Grandson mentioned. He was very worried for you, I must say—so am I. I can't help but see a dark future ahead of you..."

"If you're saying that because I have affiliations with that damn criminal organization—"

"—Patients, young lad," the Elder calmly interrupted. "No one mentioned your connections with them—No... rather I only see you creating your own darkness, instead of others doing it for you."

Silver's eyes widened for a split second before returning to his usual demeanor. Fear—I saw fear in his eyes... The future is a scary road for someone to take. I guess Silver never expected he would be his own darkness. His eyes were showing disbelief.

"What I'm saying is that even if he seemed like a total idiot who doesn't care the slightest of Pokémon and trainers, I still see hope... No one is evil, simply because they chose to. That would mean they see evil in something else. I'm sure of it. So look after him Lyra, okay?"

Bugsy words replayed... I was frightened. If Bugsy's words were true, along with the words of the Elder, Silver must've made himself the bad guy... by seeing the bad in him.

"Grandfather, do not fill their minds with nonsense. It is impossible to determine the future without proof. Whoever that was—they didn't have proof! Lyra, Silver... I will battle you both to prove their words wrong," Clair proclaimed.

"You are aware that we're not going to give you the satisfaction of victory because of that," Silver commented.

"I don't want you to. I refuse to listen to their words! They don't even know what they're talking about! Such lies and riddles, they spoke! Honestly, it irritates me how they're able to influence my grandfather with falsification!" frustrated, Clair exclaimed.

'Why were they even referring S as 'they' instead of him?' I questioned in my mind.

Clair and the Elder referred to S as... an entity.

"I can't wait to crush your dreams!" Silver declared, with a rather sadistic grin.

"I won't let you!" Clair shouted back, as both trainers brought out their Pokémon in the stadium. Before I was able to do the same, the Elder grabbed my forearm and dragged me out of the challenger's box.

"Let them battle. I want you to see what I'm seeing," the Elder informed me.

I turned to Silver and Clair, where Silver brought out his Feraligatr and Clair brought out a Dragonite, similar to the one Lance had. They were battling out with brute force, with neither side holding back. Their eyes shined with determination.

"Forget the double battle stuff. That entity Clair and I met earlier didn't seem too concerned with that anyways. They're probably trying to get you guys closer to the point of manipulation. However, do take a good look at Silver."

I turned to stare at Silver. He was breathing heavily, sweat dripping from his forehead. However, I noticed his determined stance. He kept fighting and fighting, commanding Feraligatr to attack even more. It wasn't as aggressive as last time—no...

It appeared like desperation, salvation...

"Manipulation or not, Silver does seem to care about you, don't you think? I can see it... You will be an important figure in the boy's life... That entity predicted correctly—that is, when they arrived here and challenged Clair a couple days ago, so promise me you won't leave Silver's side, and never let the darkness consume him..."

"No one is evil, simply because they chose to. That would mean they see evil in something else. I'm sure of it. So look after him Lyra, okay?"

"I won't, don't worry," I nodded, turning around to stare at him as his battle continued.

It looked like Silver was winning, as Feraligatr didn't appear to be backing down. Dragonite wasn't running away either, following Clair's words without a moment of hesitation. Feraligatr used a stronger version of Water Gun while Dragonite released a huge orange beam.

It was amazing; all of it... was amazing.

~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~