After Clair walked away from us, Silver relied on Sneasel—and Gastly too—to find Marill. Thankfully for us, this city was smaller than the usual cities we've visited, definitely not like Goldenrod City.

"Gastly, find Marill," Silver commanded the Ghost Pokémon after letting him out of his Pokéball. Gastly began floating in the air before disappearing.

"How long had you realized Marill went missing?" I questioned.

"Only a few minutes ago. No idea what's in that little brain of hers."

"I hope Gastly can find her," I prayed silently to myself, following Silver as he observes Sneasel who rode his shoulders. We headed left, then right, then right again from this one building towards the southern part of the city.

Sneasel pointed to the southern route and as we got closer to the route, Gastly floated towards us with a big grin on his face. Marill was skipping behind him happily, balancing an unfamiliar stone on her tail.

I grabbed the stone Marill handed me and took a closer look at it. When I raised it to the sky, the stone dazzled under the light in a light yellow hue. The stone was very pretty and I was sure my Pokémon wouldn't mind having it as a gift.

Who to give it to, though?

"Do you know what that is?" Silver questioned.

I shook my head in response.

"Don't question me, but give it to Togetic," he suggested.

"Alright then..." I hesitated.

I grabbed Togetic's Pokéball from my bag and brought her out. With a smile on my face, I showed Togetic the Shiny Stone Marill found. Togetic eyed it with curiosity written all over her face.

"Togetic, look at this stone Marill found. What do you think? It's pretty, right? Silver told me to give it to you. Do you want to keep it?" I asked.

Togetic's head tapped on the stone but then, she and the stone began to glow. Her eyes widened, as her body began to change forms. I was startled at what was happening, glancing towards Silver for an explanation.

However, he wasn't surprised or as startled as I was—instead, he placed one of his hands on my shoulders to stop me from moving.

"Most Pokémon evolve through battling experience, some by stones or through a certain item. They get stronger after evolution; however, some Pokémon can't evolve, no matter what you do."

I suddenly remembered his words and wondered if I was witnessing evolution through the 'certain items' he mentioned. As I watched Togetic change, all I was able to do was to stare at her in awe. After the light disappeared, I no longer saw Togetic but a different Pokémon, completely different from the baby Pokémon that hatched in Ilex Forest.

I took out my Pokédex and checked out Togetic's new form.

"Togekiss; the Jubilee Pokémon. It visits peaceful regions and brings people, the ones who respect one another's rights and avoid needless strife, many sweet blessings, and gifts of kindness."

"You knew..." I was stunned, but not mad. Silver probably kept the explanation out to see my reaction, though Togekiss didn't appear distraught at her new form; instead, she soared through the air in pure joy.

"The stone Togekiss was exposed to is called a Shiny Stone. Some Pokémon evolve through those special kinds of stone, like Togetic. Another example is your Vulpix; it evolves with a Fire Stone. You don't normally find stones in the open, so Marill was just lucky," Silver finally explained.

"But Togetic was cute, and if you're saying that Togetic only evolves with a stone, I wish I could've evolved her later," I countered.

"Trust me; you'll be thanking me—not today but in the future; I guarantee. Who knows? It could save your life one day."

"Don't act cocky, Silver! I'm not that stupid!" I exclaimed.

"—Never said you were but whatever," Silver shrugged.

I crossed my arms and pouted, picking up Marill from the ground.

"Anyways Marill, don't go running off like that. I don't want you to get hurt or taken away from me. Team Rocket still exists, somehow."

Marill nodded happily.

"Marill, how did you find the stone anyways? Like I said, they should be close to impossible to find one lying around."

Marill nodded and pointed further south to answer Silver's question.

"I don't think it's a mere coincidence that Marill was lucky to find one—the odds of that happening are surreal," Silver concluded.

"Are you looking down on Marill?" I interrogated.

"No, it's just too suspicious, even Gastly has no chance in finding one that easily. Don't forget, Marill wandered off and if she was just finding the stone, then it wasn't a coincidence that she managed to find one without being led," Silver muttered.

"And you're suggesting?"

"Someone deliberately placed the stone on the ground for Marill to find."

I tilted my head to the side in confusion at Silver's conclusion, as if I was missing the point. Why would someone even do that? Either I'm that dense or Silver's just that good at deducing things.

It was then Togekiss landed behind me, with a smile on her face after flying for a few minutes. After standing in front of her, I realized how much Togekiss had grown; she was as tall as me. Togekiss glanced behind me and towards Silver. I followed her gaze, wondering what was in her mind.

"You know what I'm thinking, Togekiss?" Silver questioned.

Togekiss nodded, staring at the top of the mountains near us. When I glanced up to what she was staring at, I couldn't see anyone—wait... there was a shadow.

"Someone is following us."

"Do you know who specifically?" I asked worryingly.

He shook his head. "No clue."

~~♛~~

Oof, it's been a month. Whoops~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~