"Nora what are you doing here?" His eyebrows frowned. Apparently, to Rhys. Nora Roberts's sudden appearance was unusual to him. Or his face was in query because it was unusual of her coming at this our of the day.

How come they are notified as friends in the tabloids and newspapers and yet she didn't come to our wedding reception yesterday? All day, they I heard people especially my mother-in-law praising how great friends Rhys and Nora were.

I didn't even realise in the middle of my calculations that she had already welcomed herself in like she owned the place and the owner in it.

I sighed and closed the door behind me and walked towards the couch to lean against it.

Nora Roberts had come close to Rhys with bold steps and rhythm. Their bodies were practically touching each other while they stood in the kitchen. Completely ignoring my presence right there next to them.

Rhys stood there in his grey tshirt, his hair turned into a mess - keeping a "I just rolled out of bed" look. The wrinkles on his t shirt were mirroring his forehead now. His hand was clasped onto Nora's arm, holding it tightly. He barked honestly brutal words to Nora in a hushed whisper. It was even hard for me to hear it. All I got was "we are through"  with "It's not right".  I wondered what's not right?  What could possibly be wrong about their friendship? Was Rhys angry that she didn't come to the wedding? It's not like the wedding was real. Rhys was not now married to the love of his life. Just some random cripple who had stumbled into his way of success.

"I can't bare with her presence" I heard along the lines. My eyes shot up from the floor when I knew he was talking about me. I coffee cup was in my hand and I gripped to it hard. What a prude!

They paused their conversation and they both turned their heads towards me. Rhys was eyeing my appearance from head to toe. I started to feel a bit exposed in my short shorts. But then both of their gazes were clasped onto the metal around my leg and the cane that supported it. Rhys's expression was pure disappointment. It made me wonder if I wasn't a cripple. Would he see me in a different light?

And Nora on the other hand, she now had her hands on Rhys's arms. She ran them up and down seductively while smiling in triumph. She thought that she wanted me to know that Rhys was hers? Like what the actual fuck? I didn't want Rhys. At all. Sure he was handsome like God had given only him the perfect genes and not the rest of us. But I didn't want him.

Aren't they friends? And just friends?

Them it all clicked to me. The hickey on his neck, the seductive gaze she has on Rhys every time she looks at him or wants to make his know of his needs. Her cracked finger nail.

They were sex friends!

My eyes widened as an unfamiliar and unnecessary wave of hurt and annoyance blew in me. But right now, I just wanted to laugh out loud at myself and at them because I actually thought that Rhys would want to change. I mean knew that he was going to get married about this a month ago. He could have agreed to himself to  just celibate for one year. That's what his parents wanted right?

I chuckle rippled in me and I couldn't control it. The chuckle turned into a full whole hearted laughter. I pointed at them through my fits as I clapped my hands in appreciation.

Wow! Just how amazingly they had fooled the world and Rhys's parents!

Both of them looked at me like I had gone crazy. I wouldn't blame Rhys for staring at me like that he probably hates me for my disability. He'll think that I'm crazy too.

"What's funny?" Nora snapped at me while crossing her arms in front of her.

I flicked away the red strands that fell in front of my face. I stopped my laughter and turned it into dead seriousness.

"It's just I'm amazed how you two" I pointed towards them as I  sat down onto the sofa and picked up my PB&J from the coffee table " have fooled the world and his parents into believing that you guys are friends" I looked at Rhys this time. He groaned as he caught up with my words.

He and I didn't really have had a normal coversation before. I mean we only talked to each other barely two times and it was a quarrel. Not "getting to know each other" as our parents liked  quote it.

"You guys are not friends. You probably don't even know what the  relationship "friendship" actually is. Friendship is something that is built on trust, humor, reliability, love and most importantly - knowing where you lie" I took a bite from the sandwich.

"But you two are not friends. No - no - no " I shaked my head back and forth. I took my cane and stood up straight. The PB&J sandwich was in my hand when I was getting angry that would surely surprise both of them. When they realise what I am going to do.

"You don't have the communication. I mean - what kind of friends are you where you don't even go to their wedding?" Nora looked like she was getting my hint from my sarcastic tone.

"You are fuck friends, bed buddies, sex friends. What so ever you wanna call it. You two are only involved into each other, physically" Both of them were bow fully shocked at my words.

And for the similar reasons.

What gave it away?

"What do you-" Rhys clenched his jaw when he started to talk but I stopped him by putting a hand on his chest and faked smiled him as my voice filled with humour that I needed to hide the little pain away.

"Oh husband" I smirked and looked at Nora's reaction in my peripheral vision "in case if you're wondering how I just figured it out? It's that love bite on your neck and the chipped nail of hers" I looked back at both of them.

I still had that PB&J sandwich in my hand. I eyed it and returned my gaze to Rhys. My jaw clenched as I subsided my anger and put all of it in my fist. I raised my hand and mushed the whole of the sandwich onto Rhys Holts face, making his lover gasp.

"I'll be in my room" I called as u walked away.