Untitled Part 1

Chapter 1:

Avery's POV*

I head for the American Airlines arena at around 7am and am confronted by a security guard standing at the door. "Hi I'm Avery Nill, and I am starting today." I fish my ID out of my duffle and show him. He allows me to enter without further questions. As I enter, I hear nothing and see no one anywhere. I dig my phone out and call my dad, General Manager of the Dallas Stars, Jim Nill. "Hello?" He answers.

"Hey Dad, I'm at the arena, where is everyone?"

"Oh honey I'm sorry I forgot to call you! Practice got moved to 10am instead of 7:30. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, is it alright if I use the ice for a bit then before everyone gets here?"

"Sure, just let some of the workers know so they can be on stand by with the Zamboni. See you soon honey." We hang up and I walk into the dressing room to change. I set my things in Seguin's cubby before changing into my practice clothes and grabbing my skates. I grab my water bottle and head to the ice. I smile as I smell the fresh ice and see the smooth ice that looked so ready to be skated on. I throw my hair up in a lazy pony tail before sitting on the Stars bench and lace up my skates.

As I leap over the bench wall and start skating around I just feel so at peace

As I leap over the bench wall and start skating around I just feel so at peace. I aimlessly skate around and practice a few moves.

After I finish my last move I hear clapping coming from the bench and I spin around quickly to see one of my dad's players standing there

After I finish my last move I hear clapping coming from the bench and I spin around quickly to see one of my dad's players standing there. I skate closer and see it's number 91, Tyler Seguin. He continues clapping as I skate closer to him. "Nice job,"

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Tyler Seguin" He sticks his hand out and I shake it.

"Avery." I purposely leave my last name out of the equation, I don't want to make it seem like I'm flaunting that my dad is the GM and I don't want that to be his first impression of me.

"Nice to meet you Avery, so what are you doing here?"

"I am working here, I think. I'm pretty sure my dad just hired me on so he could keep an eye on me so he made up some random position that doesn't exist." I laugh.