Wakey, Wakey

Fitz woke up to the feeling of his pillow moving.  He opened his eyes, annoyed with the sunlight that was peaking through the glass crystals, and found that his pillow was actually a boy.  He looked around a little bit more and found that the sun was hitting him, because it was 12:07 in the afternoon.  Great.

He examined the boy a little bit more, fighting his exhaustion to remember where and why he was here.  Then Fitz remembered what'd happened, and that the boy was Dex, who would not be happy to know that he made a bony pillow.

Fitz untangled himself from Dex and sat up, walking over to the closet to borrow (steal) some clothes.  He was on his third piece of clothing when Dex made a noise and rolled over, grabbing the pillow Fitz used earlier, and burring his face into it.  Fitz stayed frozen until the younger boy began lightly snoring again, then he continued to move down the closet.

Tragically, most of the clothes were a little bit too small, but that wasn't surprising to Fitz, considering Dex was about the same height as Keefe, both of which were a few inches shorter than himself.  The two pairs of shirts he found were green and blue, both with white sleeves.  Fitz chose the blue shirt, and paired it with the only pair of pants he could find that didn't hang off of his hips (he was a little slimmer than Dex in that area), or were so short that they could pass as an ugly pair of shorts.  He figured they were hand-me-downs from Kesler.

Now for the next task, getting to a point where his face looked at least decent.  Grabbing the toothbrush Elwin had left on the desk last night, Fitz walked into a bathroom that was conveniently right across the hallway.  He stole Dex's toothpaste and brushed his teeth before attempting, and mostly succeeding, to fix his bedhead without any of Biana's Lovely Locks.

And lastly, the most daring task.  Waking up the baby.  The baby being Dex.  Dex was a baby.  After all, he practically slept like one.  Fitz stalked over to the bed slowly before putting two hands on Dex's shoulder and shaking.  It didn't work so he shook him harder, and of course when that didn't work Fitz shook him harder.  Eventually, it got to a point where Fitz had to climb back onto the bed, turn Dex onto his back, and shake his body so intensely that it was being pulled off of the bed every time Fitz drew his elbows back.  It worked though.

Dex made a noise along the lines of "Hmphul..." before moving a lazy wrist over his left eye.

"Dex wake up."  Fitz said, clearly annoyed with him.

Then just like that, Dex's eyes shot open, and he sat up immediately, forcing Fitz to move back so that they wouldn't bump heads.

Dex looked incredibly confused, and even a little bit frightened, so the older boy decided to help him out a little bit.  "Last night.  The warlocks."

"Oh."  It was then that Dex seemed to notice the position they were in.  Fitz was sitting on his legs with their faces not too close, but not far enough away either.

"What?"  Fitz asked when Dex started blushing.

Dex's cheeks puffed out in retaliation to the blush.  "Just get off so I can change, will ya?"

Once Dex grabbed some clothes and brushed his teeth, he went down to breakfast, leading Fitz to the dining room. 

Fitz marveled at the palace as they walked down the flight of stairs and into some rooms he hadn't seen before.  He was so busy looking at some sort of art on the walls, he nearly fell and tripped on a stuffed eckodon.

"Watch out for the floor." Dex said as Fitz regained himself.  "The triplets have already woken up apparently."

"Well yeah, it is pretty much one in the afternoon."

Dex scoffed.  "Clearly you don't know the triplets.  This is early for them when they don't have school."

Early?  Early?  Fitz had heard of sleeping in, heck he did it all the time, but just how long did they sleep?  And how long did they stay up for most nights?  Not to mention, how did they get back to a normal sleep schedule when school started and still have so much energy??

Fitz didn't have a response before they entered the dining room.  It was nice, like the rest of the house, and there was a small mess on part of the table, most likely made by the triplets.  Dex walked over to one of the counters and grabbed some brattails for him and Fitz.

"Thank you."  Fitz said, as he was handed a plate.  He now had an uneasy feeling for some reason.

"You okay?"  Dex asked, putting one hand on Fitz's shoulder to steady him.

Fitz shook his head.  "I'm just worried about my parents I guess.  I mean, first they have to deal with all the changes to the elvin world, and my father's mind, then Alvar, then I got hurt, and more changes happened, and now I'm hurt again... It's just a lot, and I don't want them to..."  He trailed off, not knowing what to say, but Dex understood.  Fitz didn't want their minds to undergo any more stress, in fear of one of them breaking again.

"Hey..." the technopath said in a calming manner.  "Their minds are strong, not to mention we have a secret weapon that heals minds if it's needed, even though it won't be needed, because they know how to not feel guilty, and when it's time to feel guilty, and now isn't one of those times."

It didn't quite make sense, but Fitz nodded anyways.  He needed to get prepared for later.

He needed to be ready.